Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Parents Worst Nightmare---

The thought of my child being kidnapped or lost for a long period of time, is one that literally makes me nauseous! I can not even imagine what a parent in that situation goes through! I love these 2 little "ming-rats" more than anything. They are my life and are what keep me getting out of bed every morning! Believe me...I love my "katie time" but when the kids are gone with their Dad, my house can become way too quiet and I find myself not knowing what to do!

With the recent kidnapping/murder that has taken place in SLC, it makes me once again realize just how scary and evil that this world can be. I forget just how important every day is...how important every hug is...how important every "I love you" is...how important life is! I am naive at times thinking that it will never happen to me but...it can and it does!

Anyway...my heart goes out to her family and to any other parent who is going through this type of thing. Don't ever forget how it can all be taken away...morbid I know, but so unfortunately true!

4 comments:

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

maybe you should put your blog on private so wierd0s can't view every last detail about your children and then lure them away with their favorite things, or know their details, etc. I'm serious!!!

Amanda said...

Jenny has a good point - one I've been thinking about a lot lately.

Lyssa Beth said...

What happened?! I am in TX and so out of the SLC news..you're going to have to tell me what happened! HOw sad :(

The Miner Trio said...

I could not agree with your blog more. They found a wierd bump on one of Aspen's collar bones. We have been in and out of Primary Children's lately. You will have to call me and I will tell you all about it. The news of the kidnapping just heightend my nerves. I could not live without her. On a much different and happier note. Call me and I will tell you all about the Princess thing in California. You have to take Kindra there. It is worth every penny.