Thursday, March 27, 2008

An Apology


Yesterday was a long and hectic work day. Not only am I working hard to maintain my current obligations and take care of current clients but I am also exploring new career possibilities...yuk I know!?!

I came home exhausted but what do ya do? Just come home to my next job...motherhood! The kids are at that age of teasing, laughing, conniving, yelling, crying, getting hurt, etc, etc and I love it! We make it work and we have a routine. The warm weather definitely helps and they go to bed exhausted and they go to sleep fast! It's still hard as *!#& but ........

I was on the phone when the kids jumped in and they were all ready hyper but I have taught myself to tone it out. :( I know...such a bad parent move but at times I have to otherwise I would choke myself! Anyway, I was on the phone catching up with a friend, who was also giving me the best news ever but that's another story for another time :) but I found myself complaining about the job that I have as a parent! It was like it was the "cool" thing to say. I had to stop myself, jump off the band wagon, and re-state my thoughts.

Later on, as I was talking to another friend, we were laughing at the things that I was having to discipline my kids about. She just laughed at me! Her daughter is still at the nice and polite stage so I always feel bad when I let her "into my world"!

The point of all this is to give my friends an apology for the sarcastic and negative things that I said last night about my kids and my "job". No matter how hard or easy, it is an awesome job that I can not imagine ever living without! Like I said earlier...we make it work and we live on a roller coaster. A uncontrollable roller coaster but a fun one! Even though I was tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed last night, I still can look back on some of their funny comments and actions and just smile and realize just how lucky I am!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Nice reminder: I complain one hundred times a day about this job that I willingly chose and wouldn't trade. Enough. Every day is a blessing and every moment is a defining one. Thanks for that.

Lyssa Beth said...

Katie-don't worry, we all do it!! It's hard but worth it right? I'm just glad we good folks are in charge of it and not some punk in a day care..

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh I love the Terry girls!! You and Lyssa are always saying or writing the best things for me! That is what I needed to read today. So thank you Katie! Once again for being a great example and helping me realize I need to SHUT UP about my "job" and just enjoy the ride!!!

Ralphster said...

I know how you thrive on the comments so I'll hook you up with one! KT, we all need to vent sometimes. You are a great mom and you put up with the worst boss of all time so double kudos to you! Plus you have been living without 'silky' so you are sure to be on edge!! HaHa

Mistie said...

We all have those days. You are amazing all that you accomplish every single day so dont feel guilty for complaining on occasion. i am amazed at what a cute mom you are...it really does inspire me!!!