Monday, March 17, 2008
Patience On St. Patty's Day---
Once again I got this idea from one of my "family activity mentors"... Thanks Jaime! When I envisioned myself getting a potato and easily cutting out a heart stamp, it would be a 2 second process and would be sooo simple......Uhhhhh....Not so much! It took me 3 potato half tries and this is what I ended up with. I was becoming more anal and frustrated but then had to pause and realize...WHO CARES! It does make me laugh to think that I allow myself to get so caught up in it and to want it to all be so perfect... :) Honestly! (I think that I might need some therapy)
Notice the peanut butter, honey, jam, and bread? Gotta love the lazy and tired Mom meals of sandwiches, huh?!?


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















3 comments:
Crafty! You are always coming up with crafts for your kids and doing family activities. Kudos to you and your potato!
Katie, wow its been a while!! That is crazy that you know Sam....I do love Jcrew, but especially love the discount! It looks like you are doing great! Tell Jenny hi for me!
Katie, katie, katie...you always put a smile on my face and help me feel "normal" knowing I'm not the only one who gets crazy about silly stuff.
I should have mentioned on our blog, that IF you have a large potato or a small METAL cookie cutter, you can use that for the shape too. You just shove the cookie cutter into the potato, then using a knife cut "into" the cookie cutter to remove the excess potato and then take off the cookie cutter. I did mine by hand though too because the only potatoes we had were tiny ones.
I think your potato turned out great though...it looks like a heart so who cares right!:)
I'm sure the kids had a blast and I'm with you on the "lazy mom" dinners....that has been my life since about October!!!
Post a Comment