
Since I was not able to make it up skiing on Friday like I was supposed to :( ... Jenny and I decided to go "climbing". It is also one of the things on my "have to do" list! I had no idea what to expect seeing that the lack of my leg usage would come into play! We got all harnessed up and got the "safety instruction" lesson and then we were off!

Utter and complete concentration and a lot of PMA (positive mental attitude) self talk. It was a lot more difficult than I had even imagined. My arms quickly grew tired as I was lifting my complete body weight with just those muscles alone!
We thought that this picture was hilarious because it shows just how serious and hard it was!

...NICE ACE!!! The only thing going through my mind was the line that quickly became my trademark back when I was first learning how to use my leg braces..."It's all mental...it's a mental"...

...had to stop for a pose of course!


We had some good laughs and will have some sore muscles but once again sooo worth it! Thanks must go out to Jenny, my BFS, for allowing me to drag her into one of my courageous and random ideas! But hey....come on...what are sisters for?!?
2 comments:
Honestly Katie, you make me feel SO lazy in life. You do whatever your mind seems to come up with! WHERE do you get the energy? Very impressive in deed!
You should take up arm wrestling, I'm sure you could break some records with your arm strength!!
You two are too funny! Nice job on the climbing! I don't know how you do it really. You are just awesome Katie!
Post a Comment