Saturday, March 29, 2008

Today Will Officially Go Down As The "G Day"

So let it be known...and it is official...that my little-big Kinny will now be the proud owner and wearer of GLASSES! We all jumped in the car and drove down to pick out the new member of our family :)

....and let the try-on's....BEGIN!

...being sarcastic....
hmmmm...maybe these or......
...maybe theses...UMMMM...

"Carter, quit trying to check out the lawnmowers! Help me choose some new candidates!
"Mom, are these too big?"
"Do you think that these are too dark? Maybe a little too "Matrix"?"
This whole experience was pretty interesting. Of course you have the adult advice/choosing...and then you have the defiant child who wants what SHE WANTS! I finally told Trevor that we can help her but not tell her what to do. She has her own personality and her own thoughts. So that is what we did. We had to stand back and let her make the decision since she is the one that will be wearing the glasses...not us!
I am finding that with this child, it will in most cases, not matter what I say. She is like her mother (eeeek) and is very strong willed. I will help, teach, and guide but if I fight with her about things, it will, possibly, cause her to go the other direction. I know because that is what I did! My parents were learning just like I will...and we all make mistakes, huh?!?
OH THE JOYS OF LIFE!!!
"Ok, Ok...I think that these are the winners as long as the frame can come in PURPLE"! Now, there's a surprise??!??

We had some time to spare before the movie "Horton Hears A Who" that we were going to go and see so we decided that a hair cut was in order! Kindra was very nervous that they were going to use clippers to "buzz" her hair off just like they were doing to Carter across the room....
How funny is this? We took the kids to "Sports Clips" and the rest of the clientele were 35+, receiving head massages, and were watching the NCAA sports highlights! he he he They were quick and cheap! :)
...and the hair is officially gone!
Showing off the new do! :) FYI "Horton Hears A Who" is a fun movie both for the kids and for the parents so you should go and check it out for a fun family or even a fun single activity! Having fun taking some crazy pics to entertain our bored and lazy selves! Kindra has now become my picture taking partner in crime! he he he

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Blaisdell Family said...

Wow! Glasses? That would be tough for that age. I hope they give good discounts on kid's glasses because I'm sure she will go through several just from "accidents" before she even reaches 8!! She looks cute though, and that is funny about wanting purple frames. Craig's sister was always a big purple girl when she was younger, but she's starting to taper down now that she's 20!:)

We really liked that movie too. I didn't like that one part where the animation changed, but other than that I thought it was really cute and pretty funny too.

Love all the "random" pictures. Looks like you guys were having some fun!!

Amanda said...

Big Day! You all look look lovely and cleaned up with great haircuts and new glasses. I always wanted glasses when I was little - go figure.

Anonymous said...

hmmmm so Kindra gets all her immaturity from you?

katie said...

No...more like from her Aunt Jenny!

Lyssa Beth said...

You've had a busy series of events! K how cute is Kindra in glasses? Those ones she picked are so cute. And fun cuts too. I do want to see that movie for sure. It looks hilarious! So fun...I"m just glad you took them to an actual hair cutting place...and not cutting hair yourself! ree ree ree..bad memories of mom doing that to us...uneveness!!!

katie said...

That is a memory that I will NEVER forget for as long as I live and a memory that you and Jenny will never let Mom live down!!! hehehe

Mistie said...

Love that she will wear glasses. She looks so cute in them! And i love that you let her make her own decision about them...i need to do more of that with my kiddos b/c they have opinions too! Oh, and i was LOL that Carter was looking out the window at a lawn mower when she was trying them on. SOOO funny!