Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Forgot What It Was Like To Be Young and Single...Well Kind Of?!?

Last weekend we went on a "retreat" down to Las Vegas and had the time of our lives! Honestly it was the best weekend trip that I have been on in a long time! Jenny's roommate, Tarah, came down with us which we were so excited about. She is hilarious and a little more crazy than we are so it just added to the amusement! I will say however, that it did make me realize just how thankful I am to be 30, to be a parent, to have a great job, to be self-sufficient, and to be done with the whole college life scene!! (sorry Jenny and Tarah!) I just don't know how I used to do it! After we got home the first night, Jenny and I were in bed (I also don't know how I ever shared a bed with someone else) and I curled up and cried "I want to go home, I want my kids, I want my own bed" and we just laughed!! I love my sister Jenny, I love my sister Lyssa too, but Jenny and I have made alot of great memories together and I don't know what I would do without her! She is my BFSS!!!! :)



We stayed at the Green Valley Resort which is actually in Henderson, NV. I did not even feel like we were in Las Vegas which made me so happy and we didn't even go to the strip because Thomas lives in Henderson as well. I really am so over the strip cause I have done it a million times!


The first night we got in late and needed to pick Thomas up from a club because she did not have her car. We were dying! This place was so nasty but we met the coolest guy! I am so kidding...he said he was the singer for some band that plays with the group WARRENT and by the looks of him, I don't doubt it!




After a day of doing nothing by the pool, we went and grabbed a bite to eat at one of the restaurants right near the shops!






Jenny sitting...patiently waiting for me as I was in hog heaven at my favorite store...Anthropologie.. I will take every excuse that I can to go in that store! I mean, its not like there is not a store that is right around the corner from me! :)


We then went back to our room and got ready for the night. We had some time to kill before we met Thomas so we went and pigged out at the The Cheesecake Factory. YUM! Except they had run out of Tarah's favorite but I think we continued to manage! hehehe

There was a club downstairs named "The Whiskey" and so we decided to go get our "groove" on and check it out. I had not gone dancing in like 5 years and so it was hilarious for me to see the scene and to watch my friends! Tarah, Jenny, and Thomas had me laughing with their moves and they were just playing right into it! We had the biggest tools hitting on us so we had a good laugh making up random stories about "who we were"!!





The next day was spent at the pool just soaking up the sun and enjoying a whole lotta talk, laughter, swimming, jokes, pics, posing, obnoxiousness, and a near fatal drowning of Katie aka "me"! Stories are never told as good as if you would have been there but Jenny and Thomas were really nervous for me to swim all by myself being that I have that lack of leg usage so I got all huffy and said "watch this" and started to swim to the sand. They were being funny which caused me to laugh hysterically and yell, no gurgle, as I was going down "don't make me laugh!" Thomas came to my rescue and we had a good laugh at the lifeguard who had no clue what to do or not to do with us! We took alot of funny water pics and acted as if we were 12 years old but it was such a great, I mean grrrrrreat day! One phrase stands out......"Hmmm, no rocks!"








We thought that this picture was funny....



"Rise and Shout, The Cougars are Out...." We went to the BYU/UNLV football game and I swear there were more BYU fans at the game wearing BLUE than the UNLV fans in RED. Overall a fun game with great seats and great weather and we won so that helped! We even turned some fans from seeing RED to the true color of BLUE! hehehe




Tail Gating..oh boy!





:) Half Time Pics :)
We woke up late, because we could and got packed, ate breakfast, and took off for home. I will say that I was ready to get home to my kids and to my own bed and to my own domain! But I still can't wait for the next retreat I go on! I am so happy that I got to know Tarah and don't you worry...you are stuck with us now...and that Thomas put up with my bitchy, religious comments! wink wink I will never let go because I remember when I was the "ring leader" and I am allowed to, huh?!? Jenny, you are soooo lucky that I did not post that ONE swimming pic and you know which ONE I am talking about!! hehehe I love you guys and there is no one else that I would rather be so immature with!! :)
VIVA GREEN VALLEY!!!!!






It's official UNLV boys! We told you it would happen! YOU'VE BEEN BLOGGED!
"What's wrong with you...Are you handicapped???" OUCH huh!



5 comments:

Amanda said...

All I can say is, "Wow, my friends and I really are old and boring." Good for you - we definitely wouldn't have been able to keep up! Again, it was great to see you and you totally rock your bikini!

Parks Family said...

You are still the same life of the party Katie. Your next girls vacation better be out here in good old Buena Vista!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Sounds like my kind of "immature" fun!! I love being crazy like that with friends. I can't wait to get together with "the girls" someday in the future. I think you and your friends play a little bit more than we do though. Man did we get talked about for a group of us just going to Hooters one night!! I can only imagine if we did all the fun and crazy things ya'll did what would have been said about us then:) HOW FUN! It looks like you guys had a BLAST.

And by the way you suck! You look INCREDIBLE in a swimsuit. Doesn't even look like you had a kid, never mind two! Good grief girl, what's your beauty secret. Oh yeah, it must just be kick a$% genes, Lyssa is the same way!!

Lyssa Beth said...

You guys are hilarious! I am so sad and left out right now!! lol but hopefully when we're all old we can all ditch our kids and have some fun adventures? yes? Anyways, who were those barney's you picked up at the game? Oh geez, it seems anywhere you go, those types are there! And I must say that all of you looked so cute and fabulous dancing and kickin' it in Henderson. I wish I could have been there but i'm glad you were able to get a break from kids...even though you missed them the whole time...which is so funny and I can totally relate! Even just a night away from home, I get worried:) Well I want to see that other picture of Jenny that you wouldn't post...email me it!!

Tarah Jean said...

katie-
our weekend in vegas was AMAZING! some of my highlights to our trip go a little something like this ...

1. telling jenny she couldn't drive anymore

2. bon jovi hovering over your personal space (i think he was just trying to look down your shirt).

3. you in your rockin' bikini at the pool ... where the guy in the hot tub couldn't keep his eyes off of you.

4. cheesecake factory ... nuff said

5. half time with the 2 hot byu guys (note pic on your blog with byu boy) ... did you give him your number?

6. the rest of the game with all our unlv guys ... i know you gave them your number.

7. waking up to "JENNY, JENNY, JENNY!!!!!!" hahahahaha.

8. oh and who could forget dancing all over the wisky bar ... we owned that place!

thanks for the trip of a life time. i'm so glad you were willing to wait for me to get off work. if i'm stuck with someone from now on i'm very glad that its you and jenny i'm stuck with!