Thursday, October 25, 2007

I TOLD you that I would post the pics Lyssa






My sister Lyssa lives in San Antonio, Texas and so she has not been able to see the remodels that were done to the "dark tomb" aka the basement of our childhood so here they are....


I purchased my grandfather's home 2 years ago so until then, there had not been any remodeling done to the home since 1985. I will never be able to look at wallpaper again without vomiting! The basement was finished but the walls were covered in that dark brown paneling so that is where the "name" comes from. That was the first thing that had to go!

We were always scared to go down to the back bedroom, now my craft room, because there was a llama hide hanging on the wall that my uncle had brought back from his mission. Just think how scary that would have been for an 8 year old to see hanging in a dark, cold, and smelly room!! It is still a family joke and I sometimes even forget that they are the same rooms. I wish that I would have taken a before and after picture because its amazing how different they are.

It's nothing special but I finally have my very own "craft" room to leave as messy as I want!!

2 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

YAAAA It has finally happened! WOW! Geez, they look completely different! I love the basement now! It's so cute what you've done to the main room! ANd you craft room is awesome since it's so big and you can do so many things with it! So thank you Katie for taking those pics...finally ;)

katie said...

The lama hide thought still haunts me to this day!