Thursday, November 1, 2007

"Life's No Fun Without A Good Scare"

Halloween 2007 was a fun one! Carter decided to dress up as a skeleton to go along with the whole "The Nightmare Before Christmas" theme so we woke up and painted his face and sprayed his hair! He was so antsy to get to school to show it off! Kindra did not have pre-school so we did not have to get her ready until later and she was soo upset about that!
"I want to put my whiskers on", she kept saying over and over!
We finally got Carter on the bus and off to school and when he got home, he showed me the award that he had won....."THE SCARIEST COSTUME"! He was so excited and proud!

Trevor came and picked them up to go get some bread sticks and chili to have for dinner so while they were gone, I put on this mask.
Side note.....when I am playing around, teasing and chasing the kids, I do this funny face and funny noise with my mouth and have given myself the name "Martha".....
When they got home they rang the doorbell....Trick or Treat....and I opened the door with this "Martha Mask"! Carter laughed and told me to stop and Kindra burst into tears! "Don't be Martha...Please be Mommy". I took it off but we had to take a picture of the "Martha Mask"!

Here we are finally putting on Kindra's black cat whiskers....and I know that they look retarded! Also, I have had so many comments from my co-workers that, quote "You make way too much to have a house that looks like it is out of the '60's" and to that I will say that I put my money elsewhere and it works for what we need so shut it and be nice!! We had to spray Kindra's hair so that she felt included :)







Kindra playing the part of the black cat! SOOOOO dramatic!! It is cute though and such a Kindra thing! :)

Happy Halloween 2007
PS I hate the "Trunk or Treat" if it takes the place of real "Trick or Treating" which is what my neighborhood does so we have banned it forever and will always go over to Uncle Jake and Aunt Natalie's house! So boring and lame....do not even get me started!
So funny... all night long the kids could not wait to go to Uncle Jake's house because every year he has a spook alley in his garage and they love it. This year he extended it to the sidewalk and made it even scarier. Scarier for little kids that is....When we pulled up, there was a line to get in! He did such a great job and even had adults going through it just for fun. He does it for free just because he loves Halloween and he just loves doing it! Just like I love doing my Halloween Village! Anyway, so we get there and once the kids saw that it was a bit scarier, they would not leave my side. I had to put Kindra on my lap and hold Carter's hand but I finally got them in and then could not get them out!
BOOOOOOOO-GE-DY!!!!

"Jack and Sally" with Kindra and Aunt Jenny and once again she was ecstatic that they had come "over" to see her :)

Dramatic Kindra kept putting her bucket down, gasping that it was just too heavy. At first we just thought it was her being silly but when we picked it up....we found that it really was very heavy. We did not understand how she had more candy than Carter until we saw her literally grabbing candies, not one candy, but candies so we had to give her the talk.... :)

Aunt Jenny and Carter Colin and CarterYou can't really see all of Carter's legs but the costume is a bit big so the leg bones would bend in when he walks. He was jumping off a porch and the way the bones look, we thought he had fallen. When he would run, it looked like he needed to go to the bathroom, the way the costume bended and made his legs look. Another one of those things that makes more sense if you are there but we got a kick out of it! :)

5 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

Those pictures are awesome! I just feel left out!! So that is lame your neighborhood turned over to the "trunk or treat" That takes all the fun of trick or treating! And props to Jake and his scary set up. I wish I could have seen it! So who was Jack and Sally? They dressed up! And I LOVED Martha! LOL I laughed outloud when I read that. That's hilarious. Kindra all scared saying, No mom, no martha!! That mask is pretty freaky though..when and where did you get that?! Well nice job on giving the kids a fun time! They will never forget it!

Amanda said...

You went all out, and that's wonderful! I am completely ANTI trunk or treats as well. Lame.

Anonymous said...

Who is that sexy Devil?

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe! You and the kids are gorgeous. I hope they had fun when I dropped by the other night. I just really wanted to surprise you. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Night!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Wow! You guys had one heck of a Halloween this year! Good Job Carter on winning the scariest costume award. That's awesome!

I can't believe your whole neighborhood turned into a trunk or treat. That does take a lot of the fun out of this one special night. I hope that isn't what the future holds in neighborhoods! How sad!

Your "martha" mask was hilarious. My kids would have fallen to the ground and started crying. Too funny!