Friday, September 12, 2008

Caught...

Last Sunday, while we were supposed to be inspecting the flowers to see if they were going to hold up until the wedding, John-Charles came out to see where his fiance has disappeared to.

Yes...we were chatting about our weekends adventures.

That was also a great Sunday that I don't want to forget about because as a family,we went and listened to a talk given by I think Marlin K Jensen? (Utah & Wasatch Counties Regional Stake Conf at BYU 09/08)

He talked about "being different" and about the ways that we should treat those who are. It caused me to stop for a moment and to relflect on my son. I thought of just how wonderful and special that he is. There is a reason why he has his difficulties and it may be a reason that I'll never understand.

Patience.

Love.

Understanding.

Those are the attributes that we should have towards those with special needs. Towards everyone.

Great talk! Great day!
...and look at how hooot we are! hehe Good job John-Charles...but that still doesn't make up for "The Amazing Race" film job :(

PS Yes Mom...your flowers still look gorgeous!!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Usually I skip out on regional/stake conference, but my friend called me to go at the last minute and I'm SO glad I did! There were so many great points and reminders- my notebook is full of about four pages from the talks! Here's my Sunday lesson tangent: I even thought those that are "different" could include anyone around you- everyone is different than you and you need to show them patience, love, tolerance despite how you might initially "feel" about them. There's a quote I like that says, "I didn't like someone becuz I didn't know them." When we take the time to really put aside our personal prejudices, we find how great and amazing people really are! And yes you look Hot:) Love Kindra's new church she's created- what a spiritual imagination! Show that one to her kindergarten teacher- that'll make her back up a bit!

Amanda said...

If only everyone could hear these words. Different. I don't think we understand that often means "special" until we're older, but even then, so many don't get it.

I love different. Same is sort of vanilla-pudding, in my book.