Friday, May 15, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend 2009


On Saturday, we went for a walk up the Provo River Trail and made big plans about going back weekly using my hand cycle and their bikes. It was hilarious to see the "big plans a brewin" in their minds just by the look that they had in their eyes! What have I gotten myself into???
So. Surprise. Surprise. I got to sleep in on Mothers Day. I just thought that my kids would come in and wake me up like usual. I was not expecting any big surprise since my kids are not old enough to whip up some "Mothers Day" breakfast in bed but shocker....Trevor came over early...knocked on Carter's window to wake him and get him to open up the door and they made me breakfast. I was very, very, very, surprised! :)



I thought that this tree looked gorgeous...the green glowing off the greyish-blue storm clouds...
See. When one smiles, the other does not and my smile does not change! :) hehehe
My little fake smile poser...

5 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

What a wonderful mother's day! Chris was out of town for work - but even if he wasn't, I wouldnt' have been allowed to sleep in. It's not fair! They (the kids) refuse to let me sleep in the morning.

Mistie said...

wow. trevor's winning some points!

Christy said...

How wonderful that you got to sleep in...I haven't done that since my daughter was born...one day, hopefully?!?!

Like a Lily said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuteee kids. Happy Mother's Day (late) to you!

Kyle and Shanalee said...

Hi Katie. This is Karin's most favorite niece on the planet. I've been stalking you for a while now. And I made sure I watched you on TV. I am always so inspired by you.

We (Karin & I) have been talking about you tonight. Was your nose itching??

I had to ask Karin all about who this Trevor guy was that you kept writing about.

I think he's winning LOTS of brownie points too & cannot wait to see what happens with you two in the future!!

P.S. Call Karin!

Love, Shanalee