Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sports Beat Sunday and ME

OK. Here it is.

Monday night right before we sat down to eat, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Is this Katie Terry?"

"Yes?"

"Hi Katie. This is Kathy Aiken. Sports Reporter with KSL TV. How are you?"

"Hi...I mean Hi. I'm good thanks!" (I recognized the name right off so I was VERY surprised!)

"Your cousin sent in a story about you and I'd love to get together and talk. Would you like that and would that work for you?"

"Sure. What did the letter say?!? I had no idea!!!"

"I am doing a segment during our Sports Beat Sunday program this weekend about an example of a Mother who shows strength, determination, and courage. I'd like to do a show about your story."

(In my mind I began to freak out! Freak out because I was nervous but to really FREAK OUT because I'm, ME, Katie Terry, Sports Chick, Tom Boy Hottie to the max is going to be on SPORTS BEAT SUNDAY...something I've been watching for years...years...and more years!)

Long story short. We met today and it went great. I think? Whenever I get talking, I just talk and when I think back on what I actually said, most times I have NO clue! Oh well. It's too late now. All I can do is to watch and see so will you please do so also?

It's going to show this Sunday night (May 10th) starting at 10:35 to 11 pm so sorry girls. You'll have to stay up late with the boys and watch some sports! :)

8 comments:

The Begleys said...

very cool! Can't wait to see it (hope its online)

Anonymous said...

OOH MY GOSH!! THAT'S SO EXCITING! I'm so so happy for you. That would've been great! How can I watch it? Is it online? Yayayyay! Congrats :-) WOW! I'm so excited for you! What did you wear? Were you damn nervous!!? WOW! So cool!

Bean There...Done That said...

Katie
There are no words to express my admiration for you! I personally think your story is worthy of Oprah (move over Sports Beat) or Primetime Live. You will never know of the courage, strength, inspiration and faith you have filled my feeble heart with. You are more than Mother of the Year, you are a modern day hero and then some. I will forever be on the sidelines watching, admiring, and cheering you on. You are amazing, and so are those darling little ones of yours.
Much Love
Allison

Amanda said...

You are a rock star. I will absolutely watch. Love ya.

steph said...

You're going to do awesome! Don't let the mic or cameras intimidate you. You're fabulous just as natural Katie. If you need to shake off the butterflies, ask the reporter to talk with you BEFORE they start filming so you can get comfortable. I'm seriously so excited to watch this online.

I'm loving having your sister hanging out at my house. You MUST come visit when she's living down here.

Mistie said...

YAYY! I am so happy they are doing a story on you. You are an inspiring woman and the whole world should know your story. Can't wait to watch it! I am confident you did great on the interview. WAHHHHOOOO!

ShaRee said...

That is so freakin awesome! I've always loved watching Sports Beat and have wanted Kathy Aiken's job for years! We will definitely be watching, and I'll spread the word to my fam to check it out too. Congratulations- you deserve this awesome recognition!

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

Total awesomeness...
is that a local channel?! Iwanna see!!!!