Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Utah Wheelin Jazz Annual Basketball Game At The Jordan Valley School

I got the chance to play with The Utah Wheelin Jazz at their annual game that they play at the Jordan Valley School. We played against the teachers and it was so much fun! I love playing ball any time that I can and I love "that sweat that you get" even more! I'm so serious! And I am proud to say that I even got so into my defensive game, that I fell backwards and out of my chair!
When I said that I'd play, I had no idea that this school was for those who have developmental needs or severe disabilities. It was awesome to see those kids getting so excited! Letting them see games like this just gives them hope and shows them that the possibilities are endless. I had Kindra with me and it made me proud to watch her interact with these kids! She was so kind and sensitive.



Now all I need is a sports-chair so that I don't keep falling backwards but still...I can't wait to get out there and play! OK...and to get rid of some of my competitive aggression!

:)

9 comments:

Parks Family said...

Go Katie! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

Heather said...

Look at you balling it up! That is awesome

Layne Mangum said...

Hey Katie, I'm glad that you want to work on that "competitive aggression".

New rule: No more slapping the opponents.

Wait a minute ... that's already a rule.

Thanks for coming and playing with us. The "SLAP" was funny. You gave us all a good laugh.

Keep coming. Love having you there.

Layne

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Look at you playing with all of those big guys! And I would be proud of K too. That is something I wish for all of my kids - and hopefully being in classes with other special needs kids will make this a given for Oliver.

Mistie said...

K- i know that agression you are talking about...i've seen it first hand. you crack me up. i am sure that is a rush for you to play again?!

Christy said...

That's so cool - and I'm impressed - it looks hard! I'm so not coordinated when it comes to team sports...I try to avoid balls being thrown at me!

Amanda said...

You brawler - I love it!

Unknown said...

wow you are a go getter! I have to say that you are truely an inspiration I wish I had as much energy as you!
It looks like you had a great time.

Fionna said...

Hey Katie,

Love, Love it, and you!!!