Remember all of the times when I've said that I wish that there was a microphone blasting out all of the thoughts that were going through my brain? Well this is one of them. So please go over and read this because it also means so much to me. Love you loads and loads, A!
Yes I am on cloud nine and I'll be honest. If, as I left my front door this morning, could have shouted with excitement at the top of my lungs, without scaring all of my neighbors, I would have! I was overwhelmed with happiness and the feeling of being so blessed! Yes I am so pleased that the "spotlight" turned out well. Yes I am so excited that all of my friends have commented and given me such great well wishes and positive words of feedback. Yes it was so much fun to do and to be a part of. (But I'll be honest. It made me very gun shy and timid! I didn't expect so many people to really see it since it was on a late program...but I'm ecstatic too!)
It was a great way to start off the week! Not only did I have this fun and once in a lifetime thing happen to me but my sister Jenny, my BFS, got offered a job to teach English at Lone Peak High School. This is the best thing ever that could have happened for her! I can not imagine a better English teacher than her!
Then the cutest thing happened with my kids today. First, Kindra had to give a report on her favorite farm animal so we went over to the school to record her presentation. Right as I went in her classroom door, all of her friends came rushing right over.
"Did you know that Kindra is famous!!! She was on the news last night and they talked all about her! Can you believe that she got to do that? She is the luckiest girl EVER!"
It was so freakin cute and she was eating it all up. She was totally strutting her stuff and it made my day that much better.
Then when Carter got home, he told me the same thing. That all of his teachers had seen him on the news and that all of the kids in his glass were jealous. He was trying to act like it was no big deal but I'd know that smile of his anywhere. Yes. He thought he was so cool!
Overall it was a wonderful Mothers Day Weekend which turned into an awesome Monday. I have the best friends ever who support me and do so much for me! They make me feel so loved and like what I am doing really is having an impact on their lives as well. I feel like I am doing what I am really supposed to be doing and that I am fulfilling my job as an example both to my family as well as to them.
Thanks to all of you for the support and for the love that you give me. For your own examples which in turn motivate me to be a better mom. Your examples keep me going when I feel like I can't go any further...and then the "Big Man Upstairs" helps me out with the rest. He knows what I can handle...what I can do...what I am capable of...and then is there for me when I can't go on.
Remember...we endure trials for 2 reasons.
1...to personally learn and to grow
2...to be a teacher to someone else through our example and the way that we handle it
If by doing what I do and living like I live can make this concept possible, then I'll keep doing it because you never know who you are impacting and who it is that needs it!
Thanks again! I promise that your support means the world to me! I love being able to say that I've made someones day just that much better!
Just keep bringing it on...ok...kind of!?! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















7 comments:
Ya Katie!!
You totally rocked the news and you are SUCH an example to everyone. Thank you for being to strong and enduring in what you go through. I love you!
You really did do so good on the news I was so impressed you didnt even see nervous or anything. Me and Pete talked for like an hour after about how amazing of a person you really are. So many trials and things you have been through in your life and NOTHING stops you. You truly are an inspiration!!! Thanks for the advice about trials that is so true and so good to hear! Love ya1!!
I am so incredibly impressed. They did such a good job representing you and I am so proud. I showed this to my husband and my stepson and my stepson said-- WOW! She is your friend?
I couldn't be more lucky.
Katie,
Your story made MY mothers day! That was the best story I have ever seen on the news. Katie, you really are amazing. You are incredible. I am so grateful that our lives have crossed so that I can learn from your example! You are the bEst!!!
I love you, i love you, i love you. you already know that though. i seriously think a story done like that was LONG overdue. Your story should be plastered all over the world. You ARE and inspiration and such a strong person. It is your attitude that speaks the loudest. i am just blessed to call you my friend. And now i can call you my FAMOUS FRIEnD!! he he he
Oh, and did i tell you i called my friends and family and told them to watch the story on you. i was so proud...i couldnt resist!
Katie!
I am friends with Mistie... I have been to your blog before but today thought I would post al lil note! You are SO dang cute and such an inspiration! I think one of your friends calls you her 2nd Katie well I am thinking you need to be my 1st Katie :) we will have to meet up one of these days! Keep on keeping on. I love how you continue to be the difference you want to see in this world.
Xo
Somer
Post a Comment