Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yes. She Is Definately My Daughter...

Her drawing skills prove it. She's mine. This is a horse? Yep. Classic Kindra! I love her so much and it's impossible to describe just how much...

My heart broke today and I had a mini panic attack when I picked her up from school today. She walked right to the car. No playing. She jumped in and I asked her why she was not playing? She broke into tears.

"I can't play today. Christy said she is playing with Casin and that I can't play today. She can be so rude and mean sometimes!"

The fire in me erupted. No one treats my child like that but of course I know that this issue just comes with having kids.

"Did you just tell her whatever and play with some of your other friends?"

"Yes. I played freeze tag with Bobby and Asher and Bridger."

"Did you have so much fun?"

"Well yes but it still made me sad."

"I know but who cares. Just because she's mean about playing doesn't mean that she doesn't like you and tomorrow will be a whole new day. Just go and have fun with the boys or with some of your other friends. You know you're beautiful right and that it doesn't change how much fun you are, right?"

"Yes."

That was it. We pulled into the garage and off to the sandbox she went.

It just makes me so sad. I never want my kids to hurt or to feel bad. I want them to have kind and good friends but like I said. I know that this is just normal but that does not mean that it's fun or easy.


PS...Poo to you, Christy!

:)

4 comments:

Bray said...

Oh the number of times I have witnessed tears and hurt from my girls being rejected. I think it hurts the Mom way more than the child. My momma bear instinct just comes right to the surface. I like what you said...tomorrow is another day and it will all be different.

*WEST* said...

Thats one of the hardest parts of having kids! You want to take every little pain away from them especially when it comes to kids being mean!!

Hope you all have a GREAT night!!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I just don't understand why kids are so mean to each other! I guess it's all very Darwinian... Whatever - I want to tell Christy where she and her attitude can go!

Jena said...

hahaha I love the "poo to you Christy!" I was kind of waiting for it, and then got it at the end, so you didn't disappoint!