Friday, May 15, 2009

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

I pass this tree every day on my way into our neighborhood. It is gorgeous! We even have a name for it. This is the "Popcorn Popping Tree"
So this is what my passenger side usually looks like once I've taken apart my chair and have put it all in....
...but Carter has once again raised the bar! We've reached a whole new level. He will not let me do that anymore and insists that he can put it away in the back for me from now on!
Honestly...this kid surprises and shocks me. See. He can be the greatest blessing in the world and then he can be a ......................?!?!?! (I'm just being honest!)
My tree...

Carter captured this while he was messing around. Yes. My love. My computer and my iPod plus my intense concentration. :)

One of the projects that my 2 decided to take on...weeding?!?
Funny story. The neighbors across the street are putting in a whole new sprinkler system and they've been trying to figure out where they can and can't dig. I went out to get the kids and this is what I captured...Kindra taking the "markers" from their yard and bringing them over to ours. Before I could say anything she yelled at me with pure pride and excitement. "Mom. Look at my flag display that I made for our yard. Look. They have one too. Over there...." (as she points to their yard) Honestly.
Carter and his love of mowing the lawn

Helping Grandma weed for her Grand-Mothers Day present...
Still being in your pajamas at noon
Kindra and her horse tracking beam. Everywhere that we go...Every park that we go...she finds a horse! Skidding down the hill on your bum :)
His desire to search out and find new adventures that he can go on.
My kids.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable, adorable children, they are absolute gems!! HAha I loved the marker story made me giggle a lot.

Also Katie what an amazing news story, I was a little late with the blogging reply this week (been busy with uni work), but oh WOW! You are AMAZING! and how AWESOME to have a report all about YOU! So cool... go to the sidebar of my blog to see another surprise.

Heidi said...

It is absolutely beautiful there! Where do you live? Colorado? And your son, Carter...how sweet of him to put your wheelchair away for you! Take pride in the smallest things, Katie! You have a great family!

Tara said...

what fun and cute pictures...yes, indeed some of your favorite things:) yay!!! i'm baaaaack, finally! it's been fun getting all "caught up", now we just need to plan a gno! talk to you soon!

Christy said...

Wow - your kids are so freaking cute! The flags - hehehe. And your son putting away your chair and mowing the lawn? So cute!

And that first picture - yes, the tree is great-Y, but the background is what my jaw drop! You are so lucky to live at the base of such amazing mountains! Absolutely gorgeous.

Like a Lily said...

hahah hilarious. You should write a book about them. A children's book with lots of pictures would be fitting, i think. :)