Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Friend Fionna Gave Me The Best Birthday Present Ever!!!

There is something about the fire that gets racing within me whenever I get into a fight with someone over a handicap parking issue. DEEP DOWN I Love it!

WELL IT HAPPENED AGAIN LAST NIGHT and YES. Once again at Thanksgiving Point. I am seriously boycotting them, complaining to The Thanksgiving Point Parking System, and complaining to the Larry H Miller Entertainment Group entity and taking this up with the BIG DOGS! If they wanted to buy a cinema that does not have the proper accessible access, then they need to do some renovations to get it up to par! It is just lazy, ignorant, and selfish when it has gone this long with numerous complaints about the issue for them to have not fixed the situation. It's not hard. Just make an additional ramp that is not located in a crossed off line that still tempts "the elite ones" to park there.

This guy was a "you know what" too. He was high on something. Thirty something. Fit into the profile. Tried to be tough with me and just did not get it.

"I have a permit so I am OK!"

"I know that you have a permit to park in a parking stall. Not in a section that has been lined off to mean NO PARKING!"

He then came back with a "Well I totally know what you go thru...." and I stopped him right there. That excuse always pisses me off!

"Really? Do you live in a wheelchair? Are you paralyzed?" Harsh I know but much deserved.

"Well no and no but..."

"No you don't so don't even try to say that you understand how I feel! Don't park like this again please. Just promise me that you will not be so ignorant and selfish when it comes to this issue."

"Fine. I won't...."

"Thank you and since I know now your car, next time I'm not giving you the chance to make it right. I promise that next time there will be no yelling match between the two of us but instead your call WILL GET KEYED and BAD SO DON'T RISK IT and JUST TEMPT ME!

Fionna and Drew were laughing and cracking up as they watched Trevor and I tag team him both with name calling, telling him how it is, and laying down the law when it came to the things that I would do when I found him next.

The reason why I got so fired up was because yeah...I would have been able to get down with help but there was this old man with one of those chair walkers waiting because he could not get down since he was alone. I get so annoyed when I see people being so ignorant, selfish, and acting like they are better and more deserving than the rest of us!

But once again, as we drove home, we were just laughing so hard! Fionna and I are 2/2 when it comes to that place. 2 visits with 2 fights. So oh my. What will it be next???

But I need to remember to always be mature, act calm, stay professionally angry but get my point across. No more name calling. No more trying to put them down but just simply prove my point.

And fine.
I love fighting with words and especially when it comes to an issue like this and one that is so close to my heart. I love getting my blood boiling. I love a good confrontation. I love proving my point. The best part was that once again, I was with Fionna who always calmly backs me up but this time I had Trevor stepping up and being all defensive for me so he takes the cake this time for "getting my back"!

But still. It was Fionna's decision to go there and see "The Terminator" (which I enjoyed but those who have the "know it all" when it comes to the 1st and 2nd movies, have not loved it so it's a toss up?) But back to Fionna, it's nice to be with someone who will always have your back and help you out when needed. There is something to be said about the way you feel after a good yell out fight. You realize that you still have that fire within you and that you should never feel like anyone is allowed to walk all over you. It's refreshing and for me it is much needed!

Remember...they didn't call me the "Trickery Terry Sister" in college for nothing. I could tell you stories but that will be for another post! Have a good night and just continue to laugh with me about all of these squabbles that I love to get myself into! :)

5 comments:

Parks Family said...

Wish I could have been there. You know how I get when anyone messes with my peeps. So sorry it happened again. Love ya!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Well I don't think he'll be making THAT mistake again. Or if he does, he'll be looking over his shoulder and shaking with fear...

Heidi said...

Great job, Katie! That guy deserved every last venemous word that you spewed out at him! Love ya, girl!

Dave said...

Ohyeah! I'm right with you on this one- I am very easy going on most things, but when ppl are oblivious and inconsiderate of other's access, I'll let them know... I even have a pad of paper to write notes for cars parked improperly. Sadly, mostly I write them in our church parking lot...

Heather said...

Good job Katie! You always stand up to those you know are doing wrong. Keep it up the good job.