Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Future Amazing Race Partner...Or Is It?!?

So I have said it before and I'll say it again!...I would DIE to be on "The Amazing Race" and LOL so would Kindra!

I started watching it with the kids every Sunday night when this past season was on so I knew that Carter looked forward to the weekly routine. It wasn't until our Sunday nights became a little boring, that I pulled out the old seasons DVD's that I had ordered clear back when I first became hooked. Suddenly it was Kindra who was begging to watch the next episode. Suddenly she was the one jumping on the bed with excitement when she saw "her team" being "team number one"! Suddenly she was the one who could not get enough! We made big plans about how and when we would be partners on this great show! But it wasn't until today that I really knew what I was in for!

Last night as we were reading our night book at bed, I looked over at Kindra for a minute and saw her doing weird movements with her arms?

"What are you doing Kindra? Do your arms hurt or something?"

"No Mom" as she shook her head and rolled her eyes. "I'm doing my stretching exercises like you do to make your arms stronger."

"Why do you need your arms stronger? For Gym?" I questioned her.

"You know. For when we get to be on "The Amazing Race".

"Oh. Wow. Really? Well, good job, Kin!", in pure amazement with a bit of shock in as well.

Then as we were driving to school this morning she gave me the sad news.....

"Mom. I have to tell you something that I thought about all night last night as I was falling to sleep. I'm a little worried that we're not going to be able to be partners on "The Amazing Race". I totally know that you're going to SLOW ME DOWN."

...and her voice got all snobbish sounding...

"You and that wheelchair will SLOW ME DOWN cause I will totally run faster than you and get to Phil...(yes she said Phil)...way before you and how will we be team number one if we're not on the mat together?!?"

I WAS DYING INSIDE!!!!!! She was utterly convinced of this idea...this problem and felt the need to break it to me this way. OH MY!!! I had no idea my little obsession would turn into hers as well! WHAT HAVE I CREATED??? LOL!!! And don't worry. I completely talked her out of this worry and reassured her that I would do just fine keeping right beside her. But will I?!? Now I'm a bit worried!

So I guess it's game on! We'll see who gets on "The Amazing Race" first and who brings back that million dollars?!? LOL

No comments: