Once every few months, the "phantom ghost pains" that I feel in my legs hurt so bad that it's impossible to sleep. It won't let me fall asleep because I have to continuously keep moving around. It is so frustrating and not a night that I look forward to to say the least!Well, the other night was one of "those" nights so what else do you do when you've got lots of time on your hands? Yes! Turn on the TV and catch up on some of your t vo'd shows. And what else is on your t vo? Yes! Oprah.
The first 56 minutes were a little snore bore but it was what she said in those last 4 minutes that made me feel ALOT better about my issue of "letting go".
"For so many woman, and men too, who find it hard to let go of something even when it's a bad situation...what you need to understand is that what you think is the hardest to let go, ISN'T because what you HAD was really a mess. What you're letting go wasn't what you HAD...what you're ACTUALLY letting go is the dream of what you HOPED "it" would be or what you WANTED "it" to become."
How true that is. Really. I have this idea or vision of how it's all going to turn out and when it doesn't happen THAT way, it really bothers and upsets me cause it totally messes up my "grand plan" and throws me off course. But I will say that I am getting better at it and realizing that things just happen that are beyond our control. It's that good old thing that we've each been given...that free agency concept, right?!?
Anyway, once again I learn how to re-train my thinking because of something that I hear about on Oprah.



















No comments:
Post a Comment