Friday, January 8, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday To ME!!!

I got the BEST surprise and news last week about my unknown possibly soon to be future mono-skiing career!!! I was given a grant from Wasatch Adaptive Sports which gave me a 2010 Seasons pass to Snowbird Ski Resort as well as some days down at Sundance Ski Resort!!! That has always been my biggest complaint about winters in Utah since my injury...not being able to take full advantage of enjoying the snow but maybe this idea could all change. Who knows?!?
But I do know that I killed it today when I went up for the afternoon! It being only my 3rd time mono-skiing, I skied down the mountain time after time tether free. It was awesome! What made it even better was the fact that it was a great snow day with a hot sunny blue sky. This left me with a raccoon eye sun tan and some chapped lips, something that is common once you can officially call yourself a winter skier. Now that may be jumping the gun a little but if I know myself like I do, I'd have to say that's a sure statement I can claim after this season is thru just like the old KT days of the past! If anything, it's the best workout while I'm in my winter hand-cycling training until my races start back up but still...who knows?!?
And maybe. Just maybe. I can learn to love the snowy Utah winters since I will be able to take advantage of it's great winter sport!

SKI UTAH and THANKS again to Wasatch Adaptive Sports!!!

No comments: