Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Las Vegas Santa Run 2009



Do you remember one of my besties...Katie Thomas aka "Thomas"? Remember her?
When she told me about the newest plan that she wanted us to do together, I was so excited! She had made a personal goal to run the Las Vegas Santa Run 5k and she wanted to get a few of us to run it with her. She knew that I would be in no matter what since she has always supported me with my races but she did throw in a twist for me. Instead of hand cycling the race, she wanted me to do it in my chair so that I could stay beside her, talking to her and keeping her motivated. Done! For sure done plus we got to do it wearing a Santa suit! I could hardly wait for the big weekend....


I will say...will admit that this 5k was a challenge for me. Though they are muscles and motions that I use all day long, I am still stopping, pausing, or slowing down where this was continuous. It was no problem on the flat roads or on the downhills but it was way harder on the upward hills then I thought it would be.

But we did it! Thomas did it I should say and I was so proud of her accomplishing her mini personal goal! Aaaand I will say that I was the only wheelchair participant in the race so I will take that accomplishment home with me.....

Thanks girlies for a great weekend!!!

No comments: