Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ski Utah!!!

When I woke up for last weeks "snow day", I knew that it was going to be a great one! The storm was a brewin which meant that the snow was going to be perfect for the downhill skiing part of the day!
Like every Wednesday morning, it started off with some more hard work, but mostly with some more goofing off! LOL







Ok so here is where the BEST part of the day began...I am SO SERIOUS!!!
I can not even describe how perfect the conditions were up at Snowbird! It was absolutely gorgeous and I wish I could have just sat on the lift taking pictures! WOW!!! As I was over skiing and practicing up on the techniques, my kids were over having their first ski lesson and they were so excited, as was I.....

...me on the lift scanning to see what I could! That is why I sent over the camera so that I could see how they did.
..." french fries, pizza, french fries, pizza, french fries" was what they talked about on the way home! IE...How to go fast and how to slow down and stop....




Another great day on the mountain. Days like this, as a family, are so great to have! The older the kids get, the more I understand how important activities like this are needed. I love being able to do things TOGETHER so that not only do they watch "my things", but I get to see them enjoying and participating with me. I have realized this year that bitching about how bad I hate the snow does nothing for me except make me negative about something that is reality. It does not change it or take it away so what's the point? Instead, like life's other challenges we all face, I am embracing it, taking it head on, and getting the positive things I can get out of it. And guess what??? I AM LOVING IT!!! I am realizing once again just how "mental" things are! You are a pessimist and it will be miserable. You are an optimist and it will be fun! JUST LIKE LIFE! The big question is....WHY CAN'T I JUST REMEMBER THIS LESSON THAT I'VE LEARNED SO MANY TIMES?!?!?! LOL

Oh well. Maybe one day. Hmmmmm? Who knows but what I do know is that this was an AWESOME day for my 2 sidekicks and I to have!

No comments: