Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Memory Tuesday...What do you remember about shopping with your Mom? Any store in particular?

Shopping with my Mom, eh?!?
My Mom is the queen of shopping! When she gets an idea in her mind...there is no stopping her!
I remember as a child going clothes shopping for school and we always headed up to the Cottonwood Mall. It felt like a huge adventure since that was "clear up" in SLC.
The best clothes shopping adventure ever was when we lived in Toronto. I was probably in the 5th or 6th grade and it was Christmas time. Instead of playing the gift guessing game, they decided to take me shopping before hand so that I could pick out the clothes that I wanted to get. There was a store named "Brooks", a Canadian chain, that was going out of business. I have no idea why because they had the cutest, most in-style clothes ever! Anyway, my Mom and I went crazy! Needless to say, it was the best Christmas ever!
The best item shopping adventure, I've all ready blogged about, but it was when I decided to collect the Dept 56 Halloween items. We pulled off the Internet the list of the current pieces as well as the "retired" pieces and were on our way. I am not kidding...really...not kidding when I say that we went everywhere in the state from Logan to Spanish Fork! It was awesome!!! When my Mom gets a mission (fine...and when I get a mission) there is no stopping us. We got every piece that we wanted except 1! :) Yeah...go look back at my Halloween post and you'll see the psychotic-ness!

7 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

Only now can i go shopping with mom. When I was little, I got the shaft and never got anything so I hated going. Sounds spoiled?

Amanda said...

My mom once spent 1000 dollars in the Gap - in the 80's, on me. It was, and still is, the greatest shopping moment of my entire life!

Anonymous said...

My mom loved the JC Penney outlet store. We would be there a long time.
My mom always knows what to buy me -- even now-- my older sister thinks I'm the spoiled one :)

katie said...

Lyssa...I will be on your side with this one! Being the youngest, you got the hand me downs...though they were still hot hand me downs!

A...$1000 in the 80's?!? Yeah...did you ever wear an outfit twice??? Honestly!

Alice...Take it as much as you can get it! For sure!

Leesa said...

wow! You do know how to shop! It is so funny how a good shopping trip with your mom can make everything all better. It is like a kiss on a booboo. Case in point- I had a night like that tonight with my mom. I have been feeling terrible and she took me out to dinner and then we went to Wally World. I know it isn't the MOST glamorous place to shop, but we were together.

Brooke said...

We always went to the "Pant Depot" to go school shopping. You know, the store down on AF main street.:)
Those were some good times.

katie said...

leesa...it's usually all about who you are with....

brooke...for me, we never shopped there but i remember it :) that was before we lived in highland really...