
At the last minute, Trevor was able to get some tickets to the Salt Lake Bees game so it worked out for a perfect place to take the kids.
I am not a fan of baseball...not even one bit. I think it's because of one too many traumatic childhood experiences. Growing up, we had seasons tickets to the Toronto Blue Jays baseball games since that was a big deal other than hockey. That was also before the Toronto Raptors were around so that's all that there was. Our parents would drag us to those games and we would be bored...bored...bored! Nothing bad ever happened but I can still remember being 9 or 10, looking up to the sky, and praying for it to be over! It was horrible! I think baseball is the slowest sport ever and is so not exciting at all. I know...how can I possibly be an American?
Though I must say that the last time I went to a San Francisco Giants game and to a Toronto Blue Jays game...I had alot of fun. I think that going to a pro game and to a big stadium makes it alot more exciting too. But the Salt Lake Bees???? The last time that I went to a Bees game was during the summer of 1999 and even then the only reason that we endured was because of the beer and the boys! :) hehehe I'm just being honest...
I knew that we'd be OK since the kids' attention span would not allow us to stay to the end so I wasn't dreading the event too bad!

Our seats were perfect! Right behind home plate and out of the sun. As soon as we got there, they saw "the Bee" and Carter wanted to go and get a signature. Kindra was a little nervous which cracked me up because usually she will talk to anyone! We've had to be very strict about those who are strangers and about those who are not :) Oh the joys of being a parent....

Around the corner from our house is a snow shack that the kids love to go to and get a $1 shaved ice. They saw a guy eating one so they decided that's what they wanted for their treat. I was a little puzzled when Trevor came back with only one??? Until he told me that instead of $1 they were $8 each! Come on Larry....give us a break!?!


Once we got home I looked at this picture and instead of going to the Baseball game , it looks like we are at a prison camp! Seriously :)

Too funny but the highlight of the night for the kids happened just seconds after we took this picture. At that exact moment, the bells and sirens went off at the fire house which is right next door so they got to watch it all go down until the fire engine took off. Some more free entertainment is all I say!?!
2 comments:
So fun. but i'm with you and baseball...so boring! And $8 for a snow cone?! It's a cup of ice for pete's sake!
That looks so fun! What a good idea to take the kids too. Thanks for the idea! Hope things are going good with ya! Hope to see you soon too!
Post a Comment