Friday, July 18, 2008

"People Watching" & Movie Going...

I couldn't avoid it any longer. I knew it was coming and I knew I would have to give in. The carnival is in town and the kids were pumped to go.
This carnival has been coming to town since the beginning of time. I remember going as a child when my Grandpa was on the City Council. Ok fine...I went once in Jr. High but by High school we came to understand and mock the term "WT Carni Rat". Enough said...
The kids wanted to ride the slide again and Kindra wanted to ride the Merry-Go-Round so we couldn't resist It's one of those things that you can't not do if you live in AF.
You always worry about who you are going to see but you always know that you will run into an old friend that you're so excited to see! Monica...So FUN to see you! Lunch is in the works :)
I also go to events like this to fulfill my desire to people watch. You can see some interesting people in these places...especially at the carnival! From one extreme to the other....Hmmmm...interesting that's for sure!
I made it home with just enough time to get in a little nap before I headed out on one of our grand midnight movie adventures! We decided that "The Dark Knight" would be worth the lack of sleep that we would all be enduring! I love the crowds, the atmosphere, the excitement-anxiety, the rush, the competitiveness, the build up, the previews, and....ALL of it!
me, john-charles, and ashley aka 'the creeper" ha ha he he :)
Going to these movies with John-Charles always reminds me of our "Lord Of The Rings" adventures. The harassing techniques that we aquired as we were trying to obtain tickets and the waiting in line for hours...for days that we...he endured. UNFORGETTABLE!
I do like being able to buy/reserve your seats beforehand but it does take a little bit of the challenge out of it :(
Either way...the movie was intense, awesome, and exactly what it should have been! Christian Bale was hoooot yet dark. Heath Ledger's performance was incredible and had me laughing. He got it perfect! The struggle between light and dark is one that you could discuss for hours.
Watch "Batman Begins", then go see this. You will love it but know that it is dark....You will love the soundtrack too!
(the only character that I strongly disliked was Rachel's but you analyze that one for yourself)
People Watching and Movie Going...oh how I love these two pastimes! hehehe :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Seeing it tomorrow! Can't wait! Christian Bale... seriously, I could start a bonfire with the heat he generates in my body.

Lyssa Beth said...

Wait, I don't remember going with your guys or snuggling next to JC...wha wha
I want to see that movie so bad! Can't wait for it to come out on DVD...again, wah wha

The Blaisdell Family said...

First off... the "Through the looking glass" comment is SO funny!!! I love it.

Second, it always looks like you are having the time of your life at movie theatres!! I want to come play with the "Terry Clan"!!

I too want to see that movie so bad. Oh, question, did you really mean watch "batman returns" or did you mean "batman begins"??? Isn't the batman begins with Christian Bale in it too? I don't know...I've never followed these movies that well, but the new one looks great! Kind of creepy, but great:)

Glad you had such a great week!

Oh, also, the only 2 blog plublishers I come across are www.blurp.com and www.shutterfly.com

I think either one will take A LOT of time to get a book ready for publishing!! If you do either one, let me know!