Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Memory Wednesday---When Was Your Best Birthday?

There are a lot of birthday's that I can say were awesome but there are 2 birthday's that stand out the most.

The first one would be the year that I turned 16. I could not wait to drive and to turn 16! Since my birthday is not until May 30, that put a damper on my sophomore year of school especially since all of my friends were a grade or two older so I literally was THE LAST ONE to drive!
The morning of my birthday, this was what I woke up to. A 1971 Ford LTD. I was so excited!!! The color was called "Whale Baby Blue" so you can only imagine what this looked like coming down the road. The above picture is not one of my car...mine was a 4 door and looked way better than this!
The best part was that you could fit like 12 people in it at one time and boy did I ever. The best "cruising" car. The best "road trip'ing" car. The best "make-out" hehehe car. When you're 16...anything is awesome to drive no matter how ugly or banged up it is!

The second one would be my 6th birthday because for my friend birthday party, my Mom made the best thing ever for us to eat! Peanut Butter and Banana Pizza that we put together and cooked ourselves. I remember how excited that I was to eat it and how excited that my Mom was to have come up with it!

Oh...what I would give to have those innocent and simple birthday's back. It goes by just way too quick!

2 comments:

The Cook's said...

oh the good ole days, our cars are the best to remember!!

Regardez Moi said...

my birthday is may 28 - we're gemini sisters!

honestly, i think this year was my best birthday yet. the big 3-0. i had a really fun party and all my friends came. i loved it.