Jenny - my sis - and Ashley - my brother John-Charles' girlfriend.
The wedding dates are set for Sept 20, 2008 and Dec 20, 2008 so my Mom is going to be one crazy woman for the next 6 months planning, planning, and more planning.
Since my Dad can get the major hook-up from OC Tanner, the boys sent the girls out this afternoon to get some ideas of what they would like their ring settings to look like.
Now the reason I called this post my "bitter-sweet" is because I am going through some mixed emotions concerning these 2 events.
1- I am so, so, so excited for them both because they are extremely happy and have not doubts that "these are the ones". Stewart, Jenny's man, is perfect for her and he loves her with all of his heart. They are able to work through things in a healthy and mature manner which is something that Jenny has always needed. He will take care of her in ways that she is discovering more and more every day. I love to see her so twitter-pated!
John-Charles is head over heels in love with Ashley! I love to see all of the giddy actions that he does whenever he is around her. She fits right in with the family which is perfect since we can be quite overwhelming at times! She's got it all together and is the luckiest girl in the whole world to have "gotten" my bro!
We love them both...the new bro in law and the new sis in law!
but.......
2- I am so, so, so sad and selfish when it comes to these two. Though their happiness is the most important thing, I want to keep them for myself. Jenny is one of my BFS's and she and I have gone through so many things together that the thought of her moving on without me scares the hell out of me! Selfish...I know but it scares me. When my bro Jake got married, he was a major influence in Carter's life and I cried because I knew that those times were over. Reality...you get married, you have your own life, you have your own kids and you start your own future. Not a bad thing...but a real thing! John-Charles has always been a source of strength in my life and I can always count on him to give me sound and secure advice...about everything! He is so sweet and takes care of me with his random texts expressing his love and worries about me. He is also the Uncle John-Charles that my kids adore.
It's time for them to move on and to begin their their own journeys but the thought of them leaving me in the dust makes me want to cling and hold on to the past. I feel like I am losing them one by one, though I realize that I'm really not!
So like I said..."bitter-sweet"... losing 2-(not really) gaining 2- (really)...
It was fun to go with them and it was even more fun to act dumb and clueless when it comes to "how to buy a ring" since that's another one of the "know hows" that our father taught us...OC Tanner?!? :).
"Yeah....where would you possibly get a single diamond from? Do you already have one?" was the best question of the night. he he he "No?!?"
The only thing that I wish Wedding Dress Shops had, and they never will because they're just interested in selling, but I wish they had someone who told the girls which dresses really did not flatter their figures! I saw so many girls falling in love with dresses that did not show off their "best sides". As much as I hate to be...that's one thing that I am...brutally honest when it comes to that! :(
I am sure that we will go through more of these activities but wanted to say Welcome to the Family!!!
***Lyssa...we missed you but will keep you "posted"! he he he :)



















7 comments:
K I like the one closest to her hand...but anyways...WHAAAA! I am so mad, jealous, sad that I am not there right now...and Ashley is replacing me, isn't she?!! It's better that way, she's cuter than me anyways
stop!!! now!!! there is no comparing going on...or i will come down to TX and punch you!
Oh, if you go down to TX just to punch someone...I might have to hitch a ride and come along:) Good cat fights are always worth watching!
Anyway, the Terry clan is growing in leaps and bounds! How exciting for everyone. Your poor mom though, busy is all I have to say!
Looks like a great day had by all 3 of ya.
congrats to your newly engaged friends! got your comment on my blog - thanks so much for reading!!
Oh, moving on can definitely be bittersweet, but what a compliment to them both that you love them (and your brother) so much that it affects you like this. They'll be lovely brides; just lovely.
AHHH! What fabulous news for both of my cousins! Katie, since you are the more-frequent blogger out of you and your Utah siblings, I'm expecting juicy details about proposals and wedding plans, so us outsiders can get caught up. Thank you so much for sharing!
I like the one on the bottom. But don't take my word for it ... Bah dum bum!
Congratulations Jenny!
And for Katie--- Jenny will always be your BFS! And Stewart is just going to have to deal with it!!!!! :)
BTW maybe we should plan the Vegas trip as Jenny's bachelorette party.
Post a Comment