"I turn 30 only once and I want to have a party so I'm going to throw it myself! That way I'll get exactly what I want! We're going to have a band, a margarita drink tender, food, and a "writing reader", and whatever else I think of in the mean time."
As we entered their backyard, I realized that she had NOT been kidding and it was AWESOME!!! It was exactly what a birthday party should be when you're "our" age. She even had everything she'd said that she was going to. We had to give Jay a hard time because we knew that she had done it ALL herself which said alot for her skills and nothing for his :(
You see, I went to high school with all of the "hubby's" and have some pretty classic memories of them (most of which the wives told me never to reveal) Tara just laughed. "Now you know what it's like when we ALL get together. We have to listen to their stories and never get what they are talking or laughing about."
*going to Naugles after the football/bball games
*being called "Terry" instead of Katie
*Rustin's 1984 blue Honda
...just to name a few of the memories....
We had to capture the moment of Jay (Sara's hubby & my distant-distant cousin) and Cole (Tara's hubby) carrying me down the stairs after my trip up to the "writing reader". I told Jay that if they helped me out, I would cheer on the U of U Utes this weekend (Jay is the Special Teams Co-Or) and that's pretty much a never since I hate anything that has to do with the Utes :)
HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY SARA!!! I can only wait to see what you put together next year.



















2 comments:
I am so glad you came! You are so sweet! I don't know if I can out do it next year, we will have to see. Maybe we will do a multi - birthday for all of us. That could be an awesome bash! Can't wait for the next GNO! BTW, we will have to get you to a few games this year, my new goal is to get you loving and cheering for the U. :) (and I stole these pics off you blog, you will see them on mine....)
How FUN!!! I am glad you keep in touch with all these people. And i love teh picture of you being carried!! You look like the queen you are!!! It reminds me of something out of little Mermaid or something?!! Too cute!
Post a Comment