Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Memory Tuesday...What are some of the events that are going on in our county right now?

Do you remember the days of being able to run freely around the neighborhood without having to ever check in? As long as we were in the house before dark, we were OK!

Not so much anymore! There is no way that I would ever let my kids do some of the things that we use to do. It is way too scary of a world now and you never know what could happen. Call me controlling but it makes me feel a lot more secure about my job as an intelligent parent.

Some of the things that are going on in our country right now would be...

*Obama vs McCain for the presidency (and I believe that we are seeing a very momentous event taking place with the first African-American candidate becoming the president of our country. I really think that Obama is going to win and would prefer it to happen that way)

*Gas is $4.10 a gallon right now ... yep $75 every time that I fill up my car!

*The 2008 Olympics are about to take place in China

*The movie "The Dark Knight" cleared the $400 million box office mark in 18 days ... I loved that movie and went with my brother to the midnight showing! hehehe

I thought that this was a great post (thanks Leesa) because it's always good to be able to look back to see what events were going on at a specific time in history. A big eye opener that's for sure!

No comments: