Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lyssa...THIS Is What You're REALLY Missing!?!

Yep. That's my family. Analyzing the tree and the best way that they should cut it down. I was laughing so hard as I was watching this because this seems to be a common activity in our family. Thinking of how to do it the best way which usually ends up being the longest most time consuming way! Honestly...Lyssa are you really missing out??? The WORK is beginning to definitely out way the FUN! (except in a moment like this when all I can do is shake my head because I realize just how idiotic my family looks!}

...too lazy to climb up there and cut it---lets just pull it!?!
...son of a #!*@*...

...finally giving in, climbing up there with a chain saw and just cutting it down! FINALLY!!!

Unlike the adults, my kids have loved these projects. Carter has pulled up sooooo many branches using the wheelbarrow and Kindra has cleaned up so much garbage out of the forest. I have been amazed at their energy!

Jenny's wedding has certainly brought out quite the "forest thinning and the chain saw usage". We have two sides in our family. One that loves the thick forest and one that loves thinning it out. It is funny to hear us argue. The best argument is about the "child" who will "actually" be inheriting this yard and the "child" who "actually" deserves it. Don't even get me started! It gives me an anxiety and if you heard some of the reasons that some are using to prove why or why not a certain person should or should not obtain it...you would die! When I think about it, my blood boils!

The other day while my Mom and I were at Anthropologie, she saw something that gave her a possible artistic and gorgeous table setting idea. She put me to work which I was all too happy to do. As dumb as this is, not being able to chop, pull, climb, etc is killing me! Quote from my Mom..."How ironic is it that my only child who really loves to do this stuff, who is the hardest worker, and who would do whatever I asked her to do...is in the wheelchair!?! I know that this is so hard for you!" Yep. It is but I can be there for moral support, right?!?

So Lyssa...I'll ask you again. Are you really missing out??? Just think. You'll get here right at the perfect time for the fun, for the showers, and for the getting her all ready. The best parts! :)

1 comment:

Lyssa Beth said...

Yes that is ironic...and that's gotta be SO frustrating for that and to know that Jenny isn't even home now...wha wha. Anyways, I can't wait to see the final results!! n and Ugh! on the heat and sweat..it reminds me of cleaning out the garage...AHHH!!