Saturday, August 9, 2008

CRASH :(

I made it up again for an afternoon of water skiing to work on some of my "skills" or at least the "skills" that I am hoping to have by the time I go down for the video filming. "What video filming?" you ask. Well...a few weeks ago I was invited to participate in the new "Adaptive Equipment" video that the National Ability Center is putting out. Fun, huh?!? I guess this is one time that it helps to be the only active female who is trying to be as involved as she possibly can!

They were laughing at me because they said that my posture was so perfect and proper but it just worked to help me feel like I had it under control. That's one thing I've learned...what works for one, does not always work for another!

It's also official...I have now crashed for the very first time! I was trying to cut outside from the wake and almost made it but CRASH! Not to make excuses but it was in the afternoon, a bit stormy and windy, which made for a choppy lake...but I still had to try otherwise I would have been pissed at myself for being a pansy ace!

Jenny and Jeff came up with me to yell some words of advice and to not allow me to give up on the goal that I'd set for myself. Of course I gave them their own goal...to have them try out my new camera with the video mode and I like how they turned out. A bit bumpy but we can work on that for the next time around :)



4 comments:

*WEST* said...

YOU ROCK!!! How fun is that!

Mistie said...

YAYY! I am so proud of you for trying new moves out there...how scary!!! I cant wait to see your big debut!! And i am coming to watch you one of these times. Love ya!

Lyssa Beth said...

NICE! I loved the "hair still dry!" comment lol you are too funny

kthomas said...

I expect to see flips soon!