Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our Mommy-Daughter Dates...

While Carter went on his own outing to the football game with Trevor, Kindra and I got to have another one of our own. We didn't do anything huge but we watched the movie "Ella Enchanted" and went down to China Isle for some egg drop soup and an order of cream cheese wantons...Kindra's favorite.

During the summer, my friend Amanda invited me to join in on her weekly play date activities that she'd put together with some other Moms. It was perfect because while Carter was at school, Kindra and I could have some one on one time and though we were only able to make it to a few of them, they were a lot of fun!
The day that we went up to Liberty Park was a fun one because my friend Misty was able to come with her 2 kids. A few months ago, Misty moved back to Utah from New York. She made the moves because of her husbands career so it's nice to have her back.

Misty and I first met when we worked together at Reagan Advertising in 2001. We quickly became friends because we have a lot in common. When my accident occurred, she was right there to support me. We've talked about this since, but that first year while not able to go back to work, I pushed her away because I was upset and jealous that she could work and that she had my accounts. Just one of the learning emotions and situations that we do in times of trauma though we don't mean to or know that we are even doing it. It wasn't until she moved away that I came to understand what I had done. We'd talk every few months and keep up on each others lives and I even convinced her to start a blog! I was so excited when she told me that they were moving back.

Misty is the most positive person that I know. She is a great Mom and a great friend. One of those that I trust 110% and know that she'll always tell me how it really is...even when I am wrong. The other night we went to dinner and I was telling her about something that I had decided to do. She gave me her honest opinion, her warnings, and then her support. She is always saying "I just love you Katie. You are hilarious!"
...this is Misty's son Ashton and her daughter Seneka...

Amanda put together the best activity! A tour of the Sweets candy factory and Kindra loved it, because of how much candy we got afterwards, but we had fun! ***thanks Amanda for letting us join in especially since you know how clueless and overwhelmed I was at the beginning of the summer when it came to the daily "keep 'em busy" activities! You are one of my mentors when it comes to being the best mom ever! Sounds a little cheesy but it's true! Thanks, Thanks, a million times Thanks...for everything from this to our "intervention" talks!
Kindra...I love you and I love the times that we get to hang out just you and I! Now that Carter will be going to the football games with Dad, we'll have our set times to make some more memories :)

2 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Katie you are always so busy! I can't keep up with all your posts.

I've heard that tour at the Sweets place is pretty fun. I will have to look into that sometime whenever we make our way back down to UT.

Can I just say Kindra is getting so pretty!! I've noticed the last several posts whenever there's a picture of her she looks so grown up. She's always been cute, but she's starting to get into the "pretty little girl" phase.

Too funny about Walgreens having BYU shirts. I would have never guessed! How fun for Carter too to spent time with his dad. That is awesome and I'm sure he loves it!!!

Mistie said...

First off- i am so glad Carter gets to be with just dad and you adn Kindra has your girl times... that is so great.

And second- you are so cute about your comments pertaining to us. I am so glad our friendship has become full circle and more deep (cheesy word, i know) - even than before. I have always loved you. And i have loved the person that i have watched you evolve into - even more so since your accident. I am sorry if you felt hurt about work...i totally can understand how you could feel that way after the accident. Especially since you LOVED your job and were so great at it and probably wished every day you were still working like me. Please know that after your accident - i told Franny that i would just watch over your accounts and you could still get paid, etc... until you came back. Genuinely- i can honestly tell you that my goal wasnt to scoop them up and attack and take that away from you. And once we realized you werent coming back- some of the accounts were assigned to me. I know you probalby dont care anymore - but please know that i always was worrying about it and never wanted you to feel like i was a pitbull trying to take over what was yours and what you earned and deserved!!
Anyway- enough about that!! Just know i love you and admire everythign about you!!