Friday, August 8, 2008

Swoobs, Switts, & Swass---

I know that for most of you, this will be the most disgusting photo that you have seen on this blog but for me, it is something that I will gladly accept with open arms! I will spare you seeing the rest of my drenched body but I had to share just a little!

When I first heard of the "spinning class" that they were offering, I was a little confused with how it would all work. To me, a "spinning class" includes a bike and the use of your legs. I knew that they'd have a bike but the legs...not so much :) but I knew that I had to go and check it out.

Clueless me...what you have is a handcycle with the wheels propped up and your arms do the "spinning". I felt like I was back in my element! Aerobics...aerobics...aerobics! Don't forget that in college, during the off seasons, I worked at a gym and taught a few aerobic "pump it up" classes. I loved it. Loved the fatigue. Loved the music. Loved the SWEAT!!!

The rest of the people who were in the class use this for their cardio while they are in training. Tanja, who is the program director, invited me up so that I can join in since she knows that I am in my beginning stages of getting ready for a race. I am so excited that she did because it was awesome! They have a teacher who guides you, yells at you, builds you up, cheers you on...just like usual and I loved it.

I had a visual picture in my head of Coach Harmon, my BBall coach in college, yelling at me. I was running the court, running drills, competing to win against Audrey, sweat dripping from every pore, and feeling cleansed from the crap that I'd eaten earlier. :)

The class was the best and it gave me the best workout! When we finished, I was completely dripping with sweat!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the sweat!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Swoobs, the Switts, & the Swass :)

***Aren't those words fun! I could go on but I won't. My brothers came up with some good "man ones" last week. I won't put them out there but just think about it. hehehe I know, I know...I need to grow up...NEVER!***

4 comments:

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

Swesticals!!!!???? Now that's just plain dirty...your armpit that is!! See you in Viva La Vegas

Parks Family said...

I remember those bball days. I don't think there was anyone who had quite the same drive as you did during practices (including me). Glad to see nothing has changed there. I don't think anyone should grow up completely :)

Lyssa Beth said...

LOL everything in this post is hilarious and also the comments, Jenny and Thomas, crack me up! So funny! I hate spinning classes just for that fact! I hate sweating!

Amanda said...

Oh, come on: where was swits, swussy and swick? Now that's how crass my friends and I were in high school! We also did the whole "ch" for chubby, as in: chutt, chenis and choobs. Seriously, I realize that by sharing this your family and friends will never want you to see me again, but as long as you're laughing - I gotta go for it.

You rock. Just reading your post made me want to sweat it up and work out harder. Thanks for the motivation and chance to out the sicko I really am.