Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Classic Saturday Afternoon At The Pool

As soon as Carter got home from his camping excursion, I threw the kids in the car and we headed off to the "Classic Family Fun Center" up in the town of Sandy. It's a lot smaller than most theme parks but I have to start small when it comes to being solo and being at the pool...again the lack of control comes into play! :( I just get way too worried that something could happen and the thought of being that helpless would drive me crazy.

Now is when I say in my super-hero voice "But that never stops me from having fun, ha ha ha Off we go!" Honestly I sometimes scare myself! This day however was a trial run. I had a friend come along just to make sure that if I needed help I would have some, but I told him to let me try to do everything as if I was all by myself. It worked so we're free to move on to the next hurdle....Seven Peaks!??! We'll see about thaaaaat one....



...she's leading her.........yes......leading her pretend horse out of the water. Do you all understand now why I am so paranoid about her imagination and obsession! :) not really but it's all too funny what she can come up with!
I love when I catch pictures of Carter like this when he is in his own little world just a thinkin' to himself! I realized today that he is not my little bubby anymore as he was telling me about the zip line that he tried out this morning. "I tried it and had so much fun. Wasn't I being brave, Mom?" Bitter sweet...miss the young . love them grown! I just have an easier time with them as they grow to be more of a "big person".

Anyway...today was fun since it was a little different from the usual activities and the exhaustion helped tonight when getting them settled down for bed! hehehe

6 comments:

Brenda B said...

How fun! and don't ya just love the exhaustion from playing so hard...my kids have had that with the water activities here in St. George. Yes, that is where I am right now but to answer your question, we are now in Yuma, AZ. Much closer than NC.

katie said...

brenda...nc to az...completely different climates but lucky you to still be in the warm (for you heat stroke)lovely sun:)

Lyssa Beth said...

I wanted to go to that place! It looks so cool. Glad you had a good experience with the kids solo, sort of.

Amanda said...

I used to gallop down the hill to my house, clicking the whole way, as I rode my imaginary horse home. I held the imaginary reigns in my hands and felt the wind blow through my hair. Kindra, I get it.

Leesa said...

what a fun day! That looks like a good place to go with younger kids that you need to keep an eye on.
As for Kindra, how cute is she. Don't worry about her imagination. She is going to go far with a mind like that. Very creative.
Leesa

The Blaisdell Family said...

Kindra cracks me up. I'm glad you got a picture of that. She'll love it when she's older. What a fun memory for you too.

You are VERY brave to go to the pool solo like that. I can only imagine your fear is twice of mine!! Glad you guys had fun. Water parks are the best.

And I agree...Carter does look older in those pictures!