Last night I was able to go to dinner with some friends which was a very needed thing to do.Lately I have been feeling like the grouchy mean Mom who is always getting after her kids for this or for that. Don't get me wrong...we still have our fun but I don't feel like myself all of the time. I am not a miserable person and don't want my kids to look back and think of me as always being mad or unhappy or not having fun. I sound like the most clueless person but I've never been a Mom before and sometimes I feel overwhelmed at the thought that I am 100% responsible for the way things turn out!! I'm still trying to figure out that perfect balance.
"It's their age...7 and 5...is just that age when they are testing you and they are just doing normal things and you are their Mom who's job is to teach right from wrong. You can be their friend too but that's not your primary job. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are just feeling the normal ways to feel!" was basically said in response to my "is this the normal way to feel?" question.
Whether what they said was true or not...it made me feel a whole lot better so THANKS! That's exactly what I needed to hear! :)



















2 comments:
Dinner was again very fun! It's always such a relief when you hear other moms dealing with the same "problems" or "issues" that you are! Like I always say, you are such a great example to anyone who meets you, someday your kids will call you Supermom:) And when can I go to Uncle Sterlings mountain waterslide, my boys would LOVE it!
Wow, you have posted a ton since I was last here. I really need to keep up. I love this post, because I have felt like a super grouch mean mom lately. It's good to know we all have our days. As long as we are trying that's all that matters, right? Anyways, you amaze me with all you do. I can't get over all the things you are constantly trying or doing. I could never keep up.
Post a Comment