Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Living Planet Aquarium Outing...

We'd wanted to take the kids up to The Living Planet Aquarium so we decided to head up there for our Monday night activity. The kids found some exhibits that interested them and that they had some fun with. Here they are trying to catch the fish as they swam around but that was impossible!!!
To be honest...I would have to give it a thumbs down! I just didn't think it was worth the $30 that we spent and that overall, the exhibits were not really anything spectacular. It's really quite sad though because I feel like they are really "trying" but they can only do so much without the proper funding.
Their favorite spot was a boat that you could pretend to drive on that had different video images up on the screen. Carter pretended to crash of course and got a kick out of being called "Captain Carter".


I'm glad that we finally went and I'm glad that the kids had fun which they actually did. Just because their Mom who is usually interested and involved in activities like this, was bored out of her mind, does not necessarily mean that they did not have fun because they did. It's an exhibit that is directed way more to kids than it is to both kids and adults so as long as they were laughing...than that's what counts...right?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree... we went for Father's day and I so was not impressed. We also went when it was at the gateway and was not impressed but I thought it would be better since they moved into a bigger building--- ya NO!

Regardez Moi said...

That is definitely what counts! Those kids are so lucky to have a such a great mom :)

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

wow fun times

Mistie said...

I've been there and i totally agree it was a waste of money. Sure, it is someting new and different to try but way too pricey for what the exhibit is and has.