Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Lazy Afternoon---

The other day I had this great idea of getting lunch and taking it to the park so that the kids could get some energy out. It was more of a selfish idea since that only aids to the "going to sleep fast" factor but they were only too happy to get out.
Notice the small, small, ok, extremely small patch of shade? Yeah...they are sitting in it! It was fire hot outside so it was unbearable. The afternoon did not turn out like I had hoped but I just loved how these pics turned out. Trevor is not a fan of the park=heat=dirty so anytime that I can get him there=miracle!

Carter was only too happy to volunteer his services when it came to the lawn mowing and yes...yes...we had a first. This was the 1st time that Carter mowed all by himself! I am paranoid when it comes to things like this. I have way too many horrific events going through my mind so I've not allowed it at our home. (ok...truth be told...Trevor admitted to me that technically this was not the 1st time that Carter had mowed by himself. Trevor had cheated a bit and had allowed him once or twice before this :( boooooo but whatever...it was the 1st time that I had seen him perform this task all by himself) He was very excited and he did a great job! I thought it would have been lines going this way and that but he had the technique down perfect.
....getting ready for a big turn that is coming up....

Just another one of our funny moments in lawn mowing ! :)

8 comments:

Todd & Cally Migliaccio said...

Katie,
I am sooooo glad that you found my blog. I have thought alot about you for years and wondered how you were doing? Your kids are darling and so is your blog. I miss all the old boating days with you and Stacy. We always had a great time with you 2 girls...part of the fam. Lets try to keep in touch with other through our blogs, Cally

Sharp family said...

Your life changes when your kids start mowing the lawn it is great!!! Looks like he has it all under control!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Oh, he looks so cute and LITTLE with that huge mower! You've got a great son. He seems to be so loving, caring, and service orientated. You're doing a great job raising him that's for sure!!

Amanda said...

Carter! That's amazing! I've never even mowed the lawn by myself. That is awesome, though I relate to your fears. Fingers? Toes? Hands? Yikes!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mistie said...

I love that Carter obsesses about mowing the lawn!! That is something you'll/he'll always remember about his childhood. That is too cute!