
So we all understand the connection....Zeke Belmont, who is now in his 70's, married Jule Anderson, who is one of Old Doc Anderson's daughters ,who is the original owner of our "Secret Garden". I grew up hearing stories about Doc Anderson, his wealth, and his land. My Dad, as a youth, was his landscaper and my Grandparents were part of the "in" crowd of the old American Fork'ers. When I envision what Doc Anderson would have looked/been like...if you remember the movie "Field of Dreams" and the character Archie "Moonlight" Graham as an old Doctor...that's what I think he would have been like.
Zeke and Jule Belmont live around the corner and have taken on the chore of being the property landscapers. Every week Zeke jumps in his golf cart and comes down to turn on the irrigation water that flood the grounds. So you can imagine the kids excitement when we were at the right place at the right time with a free hour for them to go run around a bit.
Notice that they have their clothes on?!? These are one of those moments that I am trying to learn how to grasp...to let go of some control :)

Chip Chip Chip Chip Chip Chip Chip tztztztztztztztz Chip Chip Chip Chip Chip Chip Chip tztztztztztztztz........
This is the best way for me to describe how the sounds of the afternoon were. As I was listening to my kids laugh and splash in their "rivers, streams, and puddles", the sound of an old school sprinkler also added to the melody. The sounds reminded me of my own childhood water adventures. It was nice to sit, to watch, to contemplate and to just enjoy the afternoon. Every time that I am able to enjoy this place, I am still amazed at how immense it really is. Absolutely breathtaking! The different trees with their different shades of green allowed it to be a place of reverence for the moment. I know that I go off about describing this place but it's because I feel so intense and strong about it! :) 
I love the Men in my immediate family! It was the "Father's and Son's Camp out" in their neighborhood this weekend so they invited all of the boys in our family to come up and enjoy the fun. Carter was so excited and could not wait to go and get up on the mountain!
I can hardly wait for the stories and to see how it all turned out.....
Kindra and I had our own "Girls Night". We went out for Chinese, went to Barnes & Noble for a new book and for some dessert, and came home for a movie. We had our own camp out in Mom's room :) !



















4 comments:
I love reading your blog! What is it about water?!? They love it, it seems they love it even more with their clothes on!:) Got to love it- Oh and nothing quite beats a girls night! GOOD TIMES!
That looks so fun! I remember running through our neighbors field when they were irrigating and I loved it! I hope carter had fun at the cmap out and I am sure Kindra had a good night with you. It is always nice to just have a girls night. I need to do that more.
So do your neighbors let you just run amuck on their lawn? I've been wondering about that since you always go on the property
when the kids starting wondering why we couldn't go into there...i called them and asked for their permission. they said sure and were very happy that i'd called to ask them first....he he he
the things we do for our kids, huh?!?
Post a Comment