Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Memory Thursday...Who Was Your Best-Friend Growing Up and Are You Still In Contact?

This "Memory Thursday" was perfect because I spent last week with my childhood best-friend...Charakie Mitchell Gines Gordon-Smith! We attended the BYU's Education Week and had a good time laughing at each other and laughing at the rest of the weirdo's :) that were right along with us!

The best part of the week would have to have been the reminiscing that we did. We talked about the old neighborhood...Shelley Elementary...the Mitchell's old red house...the apple orchards...the Gears...the pervert who lived on the corner...Charakie-Becca-Katie...but the best would have to be the story of when I moved away. Neither of us will ever forget the day that my Mom drove me over to Charakie's so that I could give her my most prized possession as a "moving away" present...my Barbie Motor-Home Van!

Now THAT sure dates us, huh?!?

Thanks for a fun week and for the numerous moments of laughter! I will never forget the story about the creature who stole and perched on our chair...or about the stinky box??? :)

PS Char...I felt way too bad putting those other pictures up! I would go straight to you-know-where! Seriously!

2 comments:

Charakie said...

You are a much better person than I! Email me the pictures...I'll put them on my blog and take the chances of going to you-know-where!:) The Lord has a great sense of humor...I just know it. I'm sure He has a blog and has posted teachings of the gospel and some good pictures of "BIG RED BOWS" just to get a good laugh. :) P.S. Love the new shoes!

Amanda said...

Rebecca was my first real best friend from childhood and well, you know that we're still dear friends. In answer to your post below - yes, we've both betrayed each other. Countless times as kids and a few times as adults. I think it's sort of inevitable. But because we're grown up now, I understand that our friendship can withstand more than either of us ever imagined when we were 8 1/2.