Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My 12 Weeks Are Over :(

Like for the rest of you parents out there, the past 2 Mondays were "back to school" days. I can not believe how fast the summer flew by and ofcourse, I have regrets on the things that we did not do...but there is always next year, right?!? :) Kindra was not so excited about school since that means that we actually have to do her hair! For my friends who have their daughters wearing the perfect hair do's (hmm hmm Chantel), I don't know how you do it. I will regretfully admit that have mocked you perfect hair doing woman because of sheer insecurity. I CAN NOT DO HAIR so this will be a learning experience for me too!
When Carter started kindergarten I was very proud and very excited for him because I knew that it would be good for him...and it was. There was not one tear shed from either of us. Honest. I trusted that his teacher would teach him a lot more than I would.
I thought that I would react the same way with Kindra when I said my goodbye to her. I was sorely mistaken! As soon as she realized that I was leaving, or tried to leave, the tears began to flow. From both of us. I don't know what came over me. I realized how fast the past 5 yrs have gone by. I realized that my youngest, my last, was entering into the big, scary school years. I realized that I was losing my protective parental control. All of these emotions came right at once. I became completely overwhelmed!
We finally pulled it together after trying to hide the fact that we were crying and she went on her way. She is my tom-boy princess and I am going to love and miss her very much!
...and now for my Carter...
Carter was so excited to get to his new school, his new class, and his new teacher. It was so easy on his big day because he loves to go to school and to get on a constant schedule. I still can't believe that he is in the 2nd grade! I remember those years and actually have some very vivid memories of them.
Check out this hot picture! Yes...the bus comes to our house bright and early(for us) at 8:45am. Yes...Kindra and I are still rockin the pj's. No...I am not an early riser anymore so to shower before he goes to school is probably not a great possibility. :) I am just being honest...
Looking back, the summer was great. We got a lot done and we learned a lot about how things work. I learned lessons on how to be a "stay at home Mom", both good and bad, which I will never forget or ever want to forget. They can only help.
I love you 2 and will miss you terribly but know that you will be learning lessons and creating memories that you will hold dear for the rest of your life. Pay attention and have fun...oh yeah...and listen to your Mother because she knows exactly what she is talking about. I'm not that old :)

5 comments:

Mistie said...

So bittersweet...the kids heading off too school. And i am glad you were able to spend the summer time with your kids and have such quality time! I am sure they LOVED having their mommy 100%

Amanda said...

Hard times, wonderful times, scary times... I feel you, I really do. You've done a wonderful job - look at how ready they are to venture into the big scary world!

Sharp family said...

OHH what a day! Kindergarten and 1st grade are the hardest-for the mom of course, I hated walking away and leaving them all "alone"-after that......well lets just say we are all happy school is starting :) AND...Kindra and Carter your mom is right....she is NOT OLD! :) we are not right???!!??

Debra said...

I hate that summer is coming to and end. I hear you about not doing everything you wanted, what with morning sickness we did very little....bad mommy! I am dreading next Wednesday Keeva starts her second full year, seems to be harder than last year, maybe those hormones?? By the way Kindras' hair looks great...shes beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been looking forward to Kay going to Kindergarted for years, and then when she came home, said she didn't really like it, and wanted to go play with her friends, it suddenly hit me. Where was the baby that I carted around? Where was the toddler that thought I was great? Where was the preschooler that wanted to color or play pretend with me, when I was always too busy cleaning or doing laundry, or just wanted to take a nap instead? I realized she was gone forever, and then I bawled for the rest of the day. Not because she was gone for 3 hours each day, but because the little Kay I knew was gone forever, and replaced by this gradeschooler who would rather just play with her friends. I'm still sad about it.