Monday, August 4, 2008

"Rush" Sunday---

Side note...we did not get to endure the "electric fence touching" but let me give you a quick description. Across the street is a ranch that has an electric fence surrounding the property. One day we got a little adventurous and decided to test it out. It's a very timid fence (at first) and nothing serious but the more touching it gets, the stronger the current becomes. So one day we had everyone lined up for a "touch" just to see who could/would do it and who could handle the highest voltage. We all had a hand on this fence so it had gotten to be a stronger zap than normal, it passed through all of us, and dropped Jake right to his knees (who was last in line). Such a dumb act but such the hilarious act. It will go down in history as one of the best! Our parents freak whenever we start to get up the courage to go and try it again. Now that we know what to expect, it'll probably never happen but it's always fun to see their reaction! :)


...the kids were hilarious and could not stop bugging the crap out of each other! While 2 were fighting, the other would step in to stand up for whoever was losing and then it would all switch. We were laughing at the thought of throwing in Emma (their cousin who lives in TX) and what her parents would do...let her fight it out or if they would kidnap her away? We've learned just to let them fight it out! hehehe Sometimes that's all they need :)
Now don't think that Jenny did not prep my kids for what they would be in for if they did not behave! She was scared to death that the night would not go well because of the chaos that could possibly occur. I also did some bribing of my own and told the kids that we could go down today for a snow cone if they were on their best (best possible) behaviors :) They were great so today we headed down to our favorite spot on the grass for their much anticipated treat :) "What's his name??? Stewart! Stewart! Stewart!"


6 comments:

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

That was a good day. Surprisingly, your bribe tactics worked because the kids were really fun and well behaved...for the most part. Stew loves our family!

Sharp family said...

I love crazy family Sundays! I love being with the fam-but lets be honest its nice to get out of making Sunday dinner!

Regardez Moi said...

you are so fun!! i'd like to be adopted into your family.

Tara said...

Ahh, the new shirt looks fabuloso! Mine are still tucked away and slowly I'll bring them out little by little so it doesn't seem like I spent that much:) You seriously need to write a book titled, "Meet the Terrys- A Guide to Bury the Boring in Life and Bring Out the Bold!" and list all these crazy activities your family does that only keeps making the love/happiness stronger and stronger... there's your pitch, let's see what you can come up with!

Parks Family said...

So exciting for Jenny. I think I've endured a Terry Sunday way back in the day. I don't remember the electric fence though. Did you finish the book? 540-460-2370

The Blaisdell Family said...

I do NOT go on trampolines. I have sprained my ankle REALLY bad and broke a bone in my neck, so never again!! I do enjoy watching other people brave it out though.

Love the bribe and glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that!!