Monday, August 18, 2008

S'more'in It Up AF Canyon---

Most weekends, when the kids are with Trevor, they end up planning and going on a camping trip. They love to have outings whenever "a tent" is involved. Trevor is always good about inviting me to go along with them but I'm not so into the camping thing anymore. For me, it's way too complicated trying to "rough'in it". However...since I got Trevor to go boating with me, he got me to go up AF canyon for a quick s'more trip.





That's one thing about Trevor that I will never not give him credit for...he's a great Dad and he loves his kids very much!



Since we did not have a "tent sleepover", I let the kids have a "bedroom sleepover" when we got home from the canyon. They were exhausted and fell asleep in point-two seconds!

***please ignore the background mess. we actually did a good-will gathering that day which, though it sounds like an excuse, is what you are actually seeing....riiiiight!! no really!!! :) ***

9 comments:

The Brockbanks said...

You are such a good mom. I am with you on the "roughing" it thing. Camping was on my to do list this summer and it did not get done. I feel terrible! Does roasting s'mores in our backyard count?
I loved your skiing post! You are awesome. Once again thanks for inspiring me.

The Brockbanks said...

Oh yea, about the picture thing. You do NOT want to use who I did. She was absolutely horrible! I hardly got any pictures that I could use and her customer service is something people only hear about. Amazing!

Mistie said...

I love camping!!! And i love your makeshift firepit!!! LOL

Regardez Moi said...

MMM, I love smores. And camping. That looked so fun!

Amanda said...

Well, who blames you for not wanting to tent it up? Not I. S'mores - delicious and an absolute hit for kids and adults of all ages. Good times, and I'm glad you have such respect for Trevor as a father.

Lyssa Beth said...

Fun times! I miss the canyon and the freedom of it all...and yes, I agree, Trevor is a good dad!

Unknown said...

Could your kids be any cuter? It looks like fun times. Isn't it crazy how time flies and here we are with our kids taking them camping and roasting smellos?
What mess? You worry way to much.

karey m. said...

i love love love how much you love love love him still as their dad!

that tells me heaps and heaps about little old you...xoxo.

{i'm kinda back...and hoping i can steal away time on your space!}

steph said...

Awww, I miss the canyon and the smell of a campfire. How fun.