Monday, December 24, 2007

The Annual Sainsbury Christmas Party of 2007

Every year on or about the 23rd of December we head down to the farm in Payson for our annual Sainsbury Christmas party. Before our families all became huge, we did it on Christmas Eve and at my Grandparents home but it just became too much to fit in! We always exchange family gifts and we always perform a family talent. This year Kindra became our talent slave but she was all too happy to perform!
Getting ready to go to the Christmas party...The kids were excited to get on the road but I made them pose for a picture. These are the times that I wish that I had another pair of hands so that I could be in these pictures too but what do you do!
Jenny, our cousin Amanda, and Lyssa
My hot bro JC, flashing his gorgeous and flirtatious smile even when he does not mean to!Colin performing "The Three Little Monkeys" and giving us two boughs at the end. (is that how you spell it?)
Kindra performing/singing "This is Halloween" with Jenny's help. I told you that there is a definite obsession with "The Nightmare Before Christmas"! We tried to sing a Christmas song but this is the song that won!
Kindra was exhausted and fell asleep in my arms before we even opened presents :(
On our way down to the party, Carter out of the blue said "Colin is my very best friend"! It was so cute and from this picture you can see what "very best friends" do. Wrestle, wrestle, and more rough-housing! Natalie, holding Abbi, who was being all la de da as usual! Both Natalie and Abbi that is!
A fun get together and I received the best present by far. When it was my Grandma's 80th Birthday party, we all did a memory scrapbook page and put it into one big book. It was awesome to have all of those family memories for our family history! My Aunt Jennifer copied the book for each of the original kids and a copy for me on the DL because I was the only grandchild who had called, offered to help with the copying, and had requested a copy. I was so happy because I would consider myself a scrapbook "hoar"! :) hehehe Those are the best gifts because they can be kept and cherished and so I was ecstatic! I will be sad when we give up the Christmas Eve-ish tradition because one year we soon will :(

No comments: