Whenever I hear any of the Carpenter's Christmas songs, I am taken back to a Christmas Eve when I was 5 or 6 years old. We are sitting in our front room and listening to "A Carpenter's Christmas" on my Dad's old 8 track. The only lights that are on are the one's on the tree and we are just sitting together as a family. I remember just feeling so safe and so happy. That is also the same year that my Dad made me a huge three level dollhouse and the year that Jake got a "Wonder Horse". When we came down the hall, they were wrapped by being covered in white sheets! A very funny but vivid memory! That was also the year that I swore I saw Santa's sleigh as I looked out the window while we were driving home from the Sainsbury Christmas Eve party. When we were home, tucked in bed, we even heard Santa's bells and his reindeer's hooves landing on our roof aka dad going outside shaking some bells and throwing a tennis ball over and over onto the roof :)
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Christmas Memories....
Whenever I hear any of the Carpenter's Christmas songs, I am taken back to a Christmas Eve when I was 5 or 6 years old. We are sitting in our front room and listening to "A Carpenter's Christmas" on my Dad's old 8 track. The only lights that are on are the one's on the tree and we are just sitting together as a family. I remember just feeling so safe and so happy. That is also the same year that my Dad made me a huge three level dollhouse and the year that Jake got a "Wonder Horse". When we came down the hall, they were wrapped by being covered in white sheets! A very funny but vivid memory! That was also the year that I swore I saw Santa's sleigh as I looked out the window while we were driving home from the Sainsbury Christmas Eve party. When we were home, tucked in bed, we even heard Santa's bells and his reindeer's hooves landing on our roof aka dad going outside shaking some bells and throwing a tennis ball over and over onto the roof :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















1 comment:
That is such a cute memory. I remember my parents doing the same thing with the bells and the tennis balls. It won't be long before we are doing that too! Isn't it weird to see a picture of my dad. It really ages us. I'm not sure what I think of the person they chose to play Edward. Go to Youtube and look up Vanity Fair with his name. He has a scene in that movie that made me a little bit more hopeful. Let me now what you think.
Post a Comment