Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Twas The Day Before Christmas...

Carter with Kate once again---OK, look out of the window in this picture and see the blizzard that we are getting ready to take on! Jenny is pretending to be "Shenook" the Eskimo!?! :)

I do not even want to know what Mike is saying to Carter!
Mike is actually smiling in one of my pictures...because of guilt no doubt!
Joe, Emma, and her tag-along friend---
John-Charles and I before our "adventure"?!?
The kids bring innocence back into our parents house again with the Christmas/Santa excitement. It is interesting to watch them and see how they interact. They are kids so it changes from one minute to the next and there are those who get along better than others but overall it is fun! Let's just say that I am glad that I have my own house that I can run away to!

This is our bro-in-law, Joe, holding Kate. Carter was so intrigued with her even though her parents were not so intrigued with Carter....wink wink... :)
Kindra had to be a horse of course with her white blankie!
How do you like this picture of "Shepherd Carter" during our nativity scene?!?
Carter and Kindra were very excited to put out the cookies for Santa but he had to have a glass of milk and water to go with them :)We use to go up to Temple Square every year on Christmas Eve but it is not so exciting when you actually have children of your own that you have to worry about losing in the crowd or if they are freezing to death! I know...bah humbug...but I can't win when I have those who are unwilling to budge in their booby-ness!
This year however, JC was adamant that we were going since he has not been for 2 years so that was the plan. That was until we had a full on, full on blizzard! The problem is that you never know how the weather will be over the point! It could be a blizzard at my parents and sunny downtown! Seriously! JC, Jake, and I were pushing for it and so we got into the cars and that was when my Dad put his patriarch powers in play and said that we were not going! JC was with me in my car and we decided that we were still going to go anyway. :) Oh boy! We got on the highway, looked at each other and laughed! Time to swallow the pride. It was so bad! We turned around on the road that goes into Draper and got lost! You could not see the road and up there where there are no homes, you have no way to track where you are at! I was laughing so hard but what do you do! Carter said "Mom, you look like you are driving a bus the way you are sitting!" Pretty cute...The best thing about this event was the fact that I was with JC. Every time I get into a situation like this, I am with him so it was classic!
We got home, I got pissed at the sidewalk because it was completely covered with snow, had to laugh again, and we started our "buffet" a little early. The kids were upset but their moods quickly changed because of their nutella croissants and the nativity reenactment that we put together. All too funny.... :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey Katie
It's me, Brooke (Call) My sister Paige and I stumbled onto your blog and love it! I hope you don't mind us peeking in on you every once in awhile.
We both were so impressed on how well your kids entertain themselves! You have a cute little family.

The Miner Trio said...

I love the picture of you and John-Charles. You look great. Your Christmas sounds like it was full of adventures. I can totally see you rebelling and "trying" to go Temple Square anyway. We were fighting that same storm trying to make our way to Lehi. It was horrible.