Sunday, December 16, 2007

Meeting Adjourned....

My kids decided to give me my Christmas present early today... A sacrament meeting spent with Kindra playing with her small horse figurines and with Carter quietly sleeping in my arms! I was actually able to listen and to learn something today instead of just attempting to. I even had others comment on how good Carter had been so it was a really great day!

This picture does not really show how the sunset looked tonight on our way up to my parents home, but it was awesome! Carter was so confused when I pulled over to take the picture..."This isn't Grandma's?!? Why are we stopped?" John-Charles and Carter looking at Lyssa's disgusting blog entry! That was a nice one to have to explain..... :(
"I don't know why my kids don't believe me? I am sick! I have pneumonia!" For those who know the wrath of my mother at times, you can hear her saying this so Jenny offered to make the Sunday dinner pancakes. They sucked! Just not the same, especially when you don't add the salt! Soooorry!
Jake pretending to be me :( He said that this is what I look like when I am trying to pout!
boo hoo hoo! Do I really look like that because that is saaaad!
Dad also made it home safe from his 2 week around the world trek to Florida, India, Singapore, San Francisco, and then back to SLC. He was telling us some pretty sad stories about India and just how their way of life really is. He saw some things that were just horrendous. It once again makes you realize just how lucky we really are. He was laughing about Singapore because they have a policy/law that you can not own an automobile that is older than 5 yrs old. He said that the amount of wealth there is amazing which when I think of the parts of the world with the most wealth, that is not one of them.
He was telling us that there were numerous nights that he was up all night long in the bathroom because of the food that he had to intake. You have to be polite so there is not much else you can do except grin and bare it! We are glad to have you home Dad but that is not why we had our "meeting" tonight!
The Zimmermans are to blame because my Mom would like to pack in as much as we can while they are in town. Family parties, family pictures, shopping, sledding, the decision of what we are going to do on Christmas Eve, and what time we will be up to my parents on Christmas Day are just to name a few of the discussions of tonight's meeting agenda. She wants us all to be on the same page so that we don't have any blowups! It just got me more excited to see everyone and it got me more in the Christmas festivus mood! :) I can't wait to go shopping this week and I am sooo breaking the name picking gift rule! hehehe

3 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Well I'm jealous you got to actually listen in church! I was just complaining about that to Craig. I hate going to church with young kids. I honestly haven't heard more than 10% of what has been spoken over the past 5 years!!

katie said...

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one complaining about that and how it is like bench confined babysitting!!

Lyssa Beth said...

I'm so glad that there was a family meeting! I've noticed that, yes, most times, we're not. So that will be good...and sooorrry for it being my fault for the meeting. I just want it to be fun and enjoyable!!