
Music has always been a part of my life. Some of the most memorable parts of my childhood would have a certain song or genre associated with it. It's not like my parents were musicians or anything, like in the movie "August Rush"... (which is the reason for this entry but we'll get to that soon enough) but there was always music playing in our house or on the radio. I remember when I was 6 or 7, listening about "Me and My Arrow" who was Harry Nilsson on his "The Point" soundtrack or listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young with my Dad on his old 8 track that was in his home office. The first Christmas that I can remember, we were sitting in the the front room, looking at the lights on the Christmas tree, and listening to "A Carpenter's Christmas". If I sat and thought about it, I could think of a million more memories that had to do with music of any kind. Here's another one...marching around to "Super Trooper" by Abba in the basement with Jake and Jenny trying to be funny. The point is...music REALLY has always been a huge part of my life! It gives me "a quickening of spririt and brings me a great sense of joy". Someone recently asked me what it is that I do to relieve some stress and energy and the answer was to drive fast and blare my radio as loud as I can! In my car right now is1. The soundtrack to "The Italian Job"
2. Kanye West
3. Frou Frou
4. Vivaldi Four Seasons
5. E. S. Posthumus
6. Gwen
I re-found this last week and I love this CD (E.S. Posthumus). I first found them when I was figuring out who the composer was for the music at the beginning of the TV show "Cold Case". The whole CD is great and highly recommended!You can see the range of the music that I love and listen to and that is 100% because of my Dad's influence. Now maybe not my Kenye West Hip-Hop-Rap like music but I'd say everything else. When I am watching a show or a movie, I listen and pay attention to the music. My friends laugh at the number of soundtracks that I own but I can not help it.
We went yesterday to see the movie August Rush and you would not believe what happened! Halfway through the movie the projector blew! So I have seen half of August Rush and I am so sad :( because I was getting so into it. So far its a great movie and I love Freddie! I first fell in like with him when I saw him as Peter in "Finding Neverland", another great flick by the way.




















No comments:
Post a Comment