Monday, December 24, 2007

Memories cont....

This is a record...to be in bed on Christmas Eve before 10:30! It was so easy this year which always makes it easier :) We were deciding between wrapping the presents or "sheeting" them and thinking back, the moments that stand out the most are the gifts that were "sheeted" and the excitement around their unveiling! I think, that as parents, we sometimes do things more for ourselves than for the kids. Not always the case though because we even pulled out the tennis ball on the roof trick tonight! I made Carter look out the car window on our way home for Santa's sleigh and told him about the time I saw it and about the time I heard reindeer on the roof! He was getting so tired but became so awake when he "heard" them stomping around up there! hehehe I love it!

The "top dog" Christmas would be that of 1992. I was 15 that year and would not turn 16 until May so even though the thought of getting my drivers license was there, it was not something that made sense that Christmas morning. We thought that we were all done and my parents had even tricked me with a surprise to a BYU basketball camp but then my Dad found one more small present underneath the tree addressed to me. I opened it up and it was a set of car keys! I was once again so confused because I was still 6 months out! I looked at my Mom, back at my Dad, ran to the front door and opened it up to find a 1969 whale light blue Ford LTD! It was so ugly and huge yet so awesome! It had actually been my Aunt Liz's car and was a gift that she had initiated. By far the best car for me as a teenager. I had some great moments and could cram all of my friends in for a good night cruising downtown AF!
Don't think that I did not sneak my car out a few times before I turned 16...all too tempting!

No comments: