Monday, December 17, 2007

The Abominable Snowman....

This was our FHE activity tonight and it was horrible....in a good way! How did our parents stand to have to watch this with us growing up? When it got to the "abominable snowman" part, Kindra became horrified and wanted to know exactly what he was. She is now traumatized, for the night, and convinced that he lives in "our" mountains and that he is going to come down and take her horses. I mean, honestly! Carter just laughed at "Hermey", who is the elf with the identity crisis, which at this day in age means something a little deeper! :)I took the kids to the car wash today to get my car detailed. The name of the place is the "Firehouse" so Carter just had to have a ride on the fire engine. I had to take a picture because he was laughing so hard!
He had started to complain of a sore throat and he had started to cough so I decided to be pro-active and I made a doctor's apt for him. I now know why he was so perfect yesterday and I feel horrible about packing him around everywhere today with me....he has strep throat! Needless to say, we are quarantined to our house for 24 hrs until he is no longer contagious. I can not have him being sick over Christmas! How horrible would that be and I can not allow him to get any other kids sick!

I find it so odd how at what times some things just happen to occur. The youngest son of the Reagan's, my employer, died over the weekend. He was 28 yrs old and the father of 3 children under the age of 5. It is horrible and I can not even imagine what his wife Cara is going through.
Once again it reminds me how easily it can all be taken away and how easily life can change. I was talking with a friend who was amazed that even I, with what I have gone through, can forget this. I explained that I am human too, that I take things for granted and that I forget just like everyone else does! Unfortunately, something bad has to happen for us to be able to recognize the good.
OK, no more downers...so on a good note...There is a long list of movies that I'd like to see in the next few weeks...

I Am Legend

August Rush

The Bucket List

Atonement

PS...I love you

Sweeny Todd

National Treasure 2

I am actually disappointed in myself that I have let the list get so long since we, my family, are a movie going people! Need I remind you of the LOTR obsession?!? :) I best not!

5 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

Good to hear Carter will be fine by the time we'll be there!! And i'm so excited to go to some movies..except Sweeny Todd...First, rated R and second, looks evil and scary....after The Ring, I don't do scary anymore....EEK!
Ok JK on the "rated R" thingy...well maybe i'm not but I don't judge you for that :)

Amanda said...

Ooooh, I agree with ALL of those choices - excellent! I saw Atonement over the weekend and it was tremendous! I can't say enough how well-done and well-acted it was. Definitely gets my recommendation.

Amanda said...

Forgot to add that I saw August Ruch a few weeks ago and cried from start to finish. It is excellent as well; it has a dreamy, ethereal quality to the whole thing and the three leads are unbelievable. Bonuses: Jonathan Rhys Meyers who does all his own singing and at one point runs through the park in a cowl-neck sweater with a toggle-closure and distressed jeans...stop my heart already!

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

PS! Yes that guy in August Rush is eye candy! He had me mezmorized. Lyssa can stay at home and read her scriptures while you and I go see SWEENY TODD- LOL just playin Lyssa but I won't judge you for daring to write a Rated R comment on the blog :) mwah wah wah PSS if i get strep from Carter we're over!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Ooooh, post more movies!! I never seem to be able to keep up movie names then I forget when they come to DVD, so this was a big help to me. Thanks!!

Sorry your babe isn't feel too well. Strep is HORRIBLE. I had it every other month (no kidding!!!) growing up until I had my tonsils taken out at 12!! Poor kid. Get better soon!!