Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Edition of Getting to Know ME!

My Quebecois Franglais coming out.......

I was "tagged" by Lyssa to complete this so here it goes...and I am going to tag those of you who are reading this who have not all ready been tagged yourself!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Neither really but gift bags if I must

2. Real tree or artificial? Real tree. Growing up in Toronto, they did not have pre-cut trees for you to go and buy. That was my favorite thing about Christmas...Piling in the car and heading out to the tree farm, picking one, and cutting it down ourselves...just like the Griswalds!


3. When do you put up the tree? The first weekend of December


4. When do you take the tree down? By New Years Day


5. Do you like EGGNOG? My Mom always had our Christmas Eve "banquet" with Eggnog and Sprite so yes I love it!


6. Favorite gift received as a child? Everything the Christmas of 1989 and my cassette tapes of Tiffany, Bobby Brown and Glass Tiger! Wow, that sure dated me!


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes but not nearly like my Mom. She collects them and I hope to inherit them! :)


8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad...He always tells me "I don't need anything"


9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids...right now at least!!!


10. Worst Christmas gift that you ever received? Whenever there is not at least one surprise but my parents never let that happen!


11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail when I actually do them!!!


12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Vacation, of course! and Nightmare Before Christmas


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mostly online shopping for my kids starting in November and I go the week before for my family hehehe


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? I have never re-gifted anything...riiiiight...but never a Christmas present


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Caviar at my Moms banquet and the chocolates and nuts that my Dad always gets a ton of because of his company kiss acers :)


16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Prefer clear lights if it was only my tree but the kids love the colored lights so they win!


17. Favorite Christmas song? "Last Christmas" by George Michael Family tradition!


18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Travel when the kids are older but for now will stay home


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Not anymore :(


20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Star


21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Our family gifts on Christmas Eve but the whole shebang on Christmas morning


22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The Snow because I miss skiing and boarding way way way too much except I will be revealing a surprise this year.......so until then...


23. What I love most about Christmas? The excitement that I get from being the parent during this time of the year and seeing how fun and excited the kids get and hearing all of their innocent and naive questions that they ask like "do old people get presents from Santa too? I mean really, really old people?"


Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas to every one and I hope you enjoyed these questions as much as I did!

3 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

Thanks for doing it Katie!! I love finding out new things about one another...
"I think we're alone now...there doesn't seem to be anyone around..." I love that song too...and reminds me of Full House...

The Blaisdell Family said...

That was a ton of fun to read. I love finding out new things about people.

We always cut our own tree growing up too. I really wish everyone could do that at least once. It was so fun and it is such a great memory to me! Besides the time my sister let go of the branch in front of me because she was being a beoch and it cut my eye!!! I'm ok though, no serious problems since then with my eye. :)

The Blaisdell Family said...

I loved your comment too about the kiss acers. Craig's parents have so much "stuff" given to them during the holidays like that. Seriously they could have treats for the next several months!