Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

The kids were dying to run down the hall into the living room but they were not allowed to do so until I was able to go down so that I could go and get a picture of them as they came in. Again, they were dying with excitement! PS The milk and cookies were money! :)
The only thing that Carter wanted was the soccer net and ball that Santa was special ordering. He was so excited to see that he had gotten it!
I thought that this picture was so cute and so Kindra! As she folded her arms behind her back, she peered hesitantly at the presents that Santa had left her. The only thing that she had asked for was a "real" pony. I warned her that I had written a letter to Santa telling him not to give her one because we had no where to keep it. So in this picture she is looking for it but does not see it.....because we had it hiding. The other funny thing is her "Jack the Pumpkin King" doll that she got. You can see it here in the picture and it is a shortened version of the original tall doll. The next morning I found Jack hidden in a corner, facing the wall. I asked her why Jack was there and she sheepishly informed me that she did not like the way he was looking at her and so that was where he would be sleeping! Huh!?! She said it again and then asked if I would like Jack to sleep in my room! Too funny! As my sister and I were talking about this, we both agreed that it really does not look like Jack and that it really does have a creepy looking face. But seriously...how funny is that!?!
We had her pony hiding behind the couch and she was ecstatic to see that Santa really had brought her a pony. She later told me that she was glad that it was not a real pony because it could go anywhere in the house with her!

Kindra peering up the chimney to see how Santa had gotten down and then up...


This is at Grandma's house showing off the ballet tutu that Aunt Lyssa made for her. Do you see the infamous "pop wall" that my brothers made. The boys were so worried that one of the younger cousins were going to ruin the creation they had made in their domain!

Jenny and I
Kindra enjoying a back scratch from Aunt Jenny Carter and Colin

This is one of the hills at my parent's house that is frozen over and it gets haulin! This picture is from the top looking down...

Uncle Jake pulling the kids on the back of the four wheeler. Carter was in hog heaven!



This is "Blackie's" new bed and nightly position and notice...no Jack in sight!

Carter and Kindra had a great Christmas and that is all that really matter's! They got the presents that they wanted, got to hang out with cousins, and were able to maintain a sane...ok partial sane mom throughout it all!

1 comment:

The Miner Trio said...

Aspen and Kindra would get along great. Aspen loves horses too. I should send you a picture of her room. For Christmas, my sister gave Aspen a vinyl lettering for her room that says, "Aspen's Acres." It is completely fitting for her. It looks like both your kids had a great Christmas. I hope Santa didn't forget you :-).